With the Solar 80 80mm f/5 Achro Refractor GoTo GPS Telescope, you can unlock the full potential of the versatile optical tube assembly through the addition of a full-featured GPS-enabled GoTo-capable motorized mount. You get the 80mm Solar 80 OTA, two eyepieces, an erect-image diagonal, along with the Cube-G GPS mount and a sturdy tripod to support it all.
iOptron Solar 80 80mm f/5 Achro Refractor Telescope with Solar Filter (OTA Only)
iOptron adds a removable screw-in solar filter to their fast refractor OTA to produce the Solar 80 80mm f/5 Achro Refractor Telescope, making it ideal for viewing the sun and all phases of a partial eclipse with the filter on, or viewing the night sky with it off.with a removable front solar filter to allow the scope to be used
The filter blocks harmful UV and IR radiation while simultaneously reducing virtually all of the intense light across the entire visual spectrum from the sun, allowing for safe solar viewing of surface features such as sunspots and super granules. Optically, the OTA is engineered with a doublet achromatic lens system that is fully multi-coated to produce bright and sharp high-contrast images with accurate color rendition across a distortion-free field of view.
The Solar 80 is offered here without a mount or tripod, but a Vixen-style dovetail plate is provided to be compatible with a wide variety of mounts and is outfitted with a standard 1/4"-20 mount for use with many photo, video, and field tripods. With the two included eyepieces offering low and moderate magnifications, plus the addition of an erect-image diagonal, this scope can be used as a traditional terrestrial spotting scope with the solar filter removed.
- Use for white-light solar and nighttime viewing
- 80mm aperture
- f/5 focal ratio
- 400mm focal length
- Air-spaced doublet refractor design
- Achromatic lens configuration virtually eliminates chromatic and spherical aberration to produce images with accurate color rendition without distortion across the entire field of view, especially at the edges
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, image brightness, sharpness, color rendition, and contrast
- Resolution: 1.4 arcsec
- 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser
- OTA only, mount and tripod required for proper use
- Vixen-style dovetail plate
- 1/4"-20 standard tripod mount for use with photo/video/field tripods
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Solar Filter:
- Reveals the sun in a pleasing yellow-orange color
- Removable filter threads onto the dew shield for a secure fit without light leakage
- Broad-band white-light filter
- Blocks harmful ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation
- Allows a safe amount of light to pass across the entire visible spectrum
- Reveals surface features such as sunspots and granulation
- Solarlite infused polymer for longevity and durability
- 1.25" diameter barrel accepts most astronomical filters
- 10mm focal length produces a moderate 40x power
- 25mm focal length produces a low 16x magnification
- 1.25" snout fits most drawtubes and accessories
- 1.25" holder allows the use of most eyepieces and accessories
- 45° angle puts head in a comfortable viewing position when OTA is aimed at or near the zenith
- Integrated erecting prism corrects the view to allow the scope's use as a terrestrial spotting scope
iOptron SmartStar Cube-G GPS AltAzimuth Telescope Mount (Astro Blue)
Telescopes and cameras with Vixen-type dovetail connection and a weight up to 7 lbs. are compatible with the CubeTM GOTO Altazimuth mount.
The revolutionary GOTONOVA computerized control system is by far the most technologically advanced automated goto and tracking system available on the market today. With its large celestial object database, including all of the well-known galaxies, nebulae, star clusters - not to mention the planets, sun and moon - you'll be able to enjoy star gazing with the simple push of a button. Both axis motors are built into a small single unit with optical encoders that provide accurate GOTO and tracking. The control system also allows you to slew the telescope at different drive speeds, keeping the object within the telescope's viewfinder for as long as you wish.
- Compatible with most tubes on the market
- GOTONOVA computerized control system
- The most easy to understand controller on the market
- Simply a better tripod