A compact 4 x 5" large format view camera for working in a variety of locations, the Toyo-View 45AX is a field camera offering a broad range of camera movements, support for working with a broad array of lens types, and compatibility with optional accessories to expand its basic functions. In its base configuration, it has a double-extension bed that affords a 12.6" / 321mm total extension to support working with long focal length lenses up to 360mm, and its drop-bed design also facilitates working with super-wide lenses down to 47mm. Full front movements are also available, as well as rear swing and rear base tilt, and both focusing and camera movements are performed on Teflon and polymer-coated rails for a smooth action during use. Additionally, the all-metal control knobs are rubber-coated for a firm grip in a variety of working conditions.
The camera back has a reversible design for quick switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations, and it is also Graflok style to support the use of a wide variety of film holders. The included groundglass is acid-etched with a centimeter-spaced grid, as well as 6 x 7 and 6 x 9 markings, and a Super-Brite Fresnel is also included for even brightness when viewing.
- Front base tilt: +90°/-15°
- Rear base tilt: -90°/+15°
- Front/rear swing: +/- 8°
- Front rise: 0.8" / 20.5 mm
- Front fall: 0.9" / 23.5 mm
- Rise incline bed: 3.3" / 84 mm
- Fall drop bed: 2.6" / 65 mm
- Front shift: +/- 0.3" / 7 mm
- Bed shift: +/- 1.6" / 40 mm
- Focusing front bed travel: 3.6" / 91.5 mm
- Reversible back allows you to quickly switch between horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Bright acid-etched groundglass is included, and features translucent centimeter-spaced grid lines and discreet reference markings for 6 x 9cm and 6 x 7cm formats. A Super-Brite Fresnel Lens is also included in front of the groundglass to promote bright, even illumination from edge to edge.
- Graflok back accepts all 4 x 5" sheet film holders as well as other Graflok-style holders.
- Shift, rise, tilt, and swing movements benefit from Teflon-coated parts for smooth operation in a variety of weather conditions.
- Included tapered bellows permits working with a variety of focal lengths, ranging from wide-angle to long lenses.
- Bellows is constructed from Toyo Flexilast material to resist cracking for a longer lifespan.
- Rack and pinion style micro fine geared focus control is aided by large rubber-covered knobs for added precision.
- Drop-bed design facilitates use of super-wide lenses of up to 47mm, and the dual-extension bed also offers a 321mm extension range to support the use of long lenses of up to approximately 360mm.
- Optional extension backs can also be added to further enable working with longer lenses or for macro applications.
- Focusing track is polymer-coated for smooth and precise focusing action and improved resistance to harsh conditions.
- All-metal control knobs have rubber coverings for improved grip.
- Built-in cold shoe for holding an external flash or other shoe-mounted accessory.
- One pair of adjustable infinity stops are included for fast, repeatable setting of infinity focus according to a specific set focal length.
- Interchangeable 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod sockets are included.