The Tiffen 4 x 4" Black Glimmerglass 3 Filter can be applied to purposely soften contrast and reduce sharpness. This can be useful for high-resolution digital cinematography in order to create a more flattering result of a subject by helping to minimize the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles. Additionally, midtones and shadows are maintained while a glowing effect is applied to highlights, which can further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter has a grade of 3. Grades of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
This filter is constructed from water white glass for increased clarity as well as color fidelity. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 4mm-thick, 4 x 4" rectangular filters
- Softens contrast and reduces sharpness
- Applies a glowing effect to highlights
- Maintains midtones and shadows
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Constructed from water white glass for optical clarity and color fidelity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport