Tested and developed in cooperation the Bavarian Red Cross Mountain Rescue Service, the Sherpa BW2 by Kasper & Richter of Germany is a baseplate compass with a suite of navigational features to keep you on course. Its thermo-elastic, fluid-filled capsule expanded with temperature changes to prevent bubble formation, and its non-rigid design resists cracking. Adjustable declination spares you the trouble of having to compute the local difference between magnetic north and true north.
Mirror sighting allows you to read the scale while sighting, in any of three ways – through the window, the slit or the "gun sight." The mirror itself is made of unbreakable polished aluminum. The Sherpa BW2 is compatible with 1:25,000 and 1:50,000 scale maps, and has metric and imperial rulers and cutouts for map marking, along with a magnifying lens to pick up small details. A comfortable neck lanyard is included.
- Thermo-elastic capsule resists bubbles and cracking
- Adjustable declination
- Mirror for reading scale while sighting
- Clear baseplate with rubber feet
- Fluid-filled dampening
- Luminescent bezel and navigation points
- Magnifying lens
- 0-360° azimuth scale with 2° resolution
- Cutouts for map marking
- Compatible with 1:25,000 & 1:50,000 scale maps
- Imperial and metric rulers