Useful for planetary as well as deep-space viewing, the 127mm f/12 Skyline PRO 127 Equatorial Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope from Levenhuk is a powerful, versatile, and user-friendly telescope on an equatorial mount that helps you track objects moving across the sky. Its catadioptric design is highly portable and user-friendly, yet this telescope boasts a 1500mm focal length and a generous 127mm (5") aperture. This combination of magnification and light gathering makes the telescope suitable for detailed examination of the Moon and planets, while also affording beautiful views of deep-space objects such as galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain optical path design avoids chromatic and spherical aberration, and fully multi-coated optics assure optimal light transmission for a sharp, bright image. The manual EQ3 mount features setting circles to locate objects using celestial coordinates and slow-motion controls for right ascension and declination that compensate for the rotation of the Earth and allow precise tracking of your subject. The telescope and mount sit atop an aluminum tripod with a height range of 28-44" and a handy tray for holding eyepieces, filters, a flashlight, and other accessories.
- 127mm (5") aperture
- f/12 focal ratio
- 1500mm focal length
- Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system
- Front convex meniscus lens corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations and comas (off-axis aberrations) across the entire field of view
- Smaller secondary mirror reduces obstructions and increases contrast versus Schmidt-Cassegrain models
Mount & Tripod
- EQ3 manual German equatorial mount
- Altitude and azimuth adjustments
- Slow-motion controls for right ascension and declination
- Aluminum tripod
- Height adjustable 28-44"
- Tray holds accessories such as eyepieces and filters, and adds stability and vibration reduction
- 1.25" eyepiece barrel diameter
- 10mm eyepiece produces 150x magnification
- 25mm eyepiece produces 60x magnification
- Red dot finderscope
- Diagonal mirror