Beginning astronomers will enjoy observations of constellations, lunar craters, sunspots, atmospheric flows of Jupiter and its four largest moons, phases of Venus, rings of Saturn, and many binary stars with the Strike 60 NG Telescope Kit from Levenhuk. Along with an alt-azimuth mount with a declination axis and a stainless steel tripod, the telescope comes with a suite of educational materials, including the "See it all!" astronomer's handbook, Stellarium 3D planetarium software, a planisphere rotating star chart, a compass, and three posters, showing the the moon, the sun and other stars, and the solar system.
The refractor telescope has a focal length of 700mm and a focal ratio of f/11.7. It comes equipped with one 20mm and one 6mm eyepiece, plus a Barlow lens that triples the eyepiece's magnification for the most detailed images. Use the red dot finderscope to locate objects for viewing, then zoom in with your eyepiece for a closer look.
- 60mm aperture
- 700mm focal length
- f/11.7 focal ratio
- 0.96 barrel diameter
- Eyepieces provide 35x and 117x magnifications
- Barlow lens increases magnification 3x
- Use red dot finderscope to locate objects for observation
- "See it all!" astronomer's handbook
- Moon, sun, and solar system posters
- Planisphere rotating star chart
- Stellarium 3D planetarium software