Useful for planetary as well as deep-space viewing, the 90mm f/14 Strike 950 PRO Maksutov-Cassegrain EQ Telescope Kit from Levenhuk is a powerful, versatile, and user-friendly catadioptric-style scope on an equatorial mount that lets you track objects moving across the sky. It comes with a set of filters that will enhance your experience and educational materials to help you get the most out of your stargazing.
The catadioptric design of the Strike 950 PRO is highly portable and user-friendly, yet boasts a long 1250mm focal length and a generous 90mm (3.5") aperture. This combination of magnification and light gathering makes the telescope suitable for detailed examination of the moon and planets, while also affording beautiful views of deep-space objects such as galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. The Maksutov-Cassegrain optical path design avoids chromatic and spherical aberration, and fully multi-coated optics assure optimal light transmission for a sharp, bright image.
The manual EQ1 mount features setting circles to locate objects using celestial coordinates and slow-motion controls that compensate for the rotation of the earth and allow precise tracking of your subject. It is compatible with a user-supplied computerized drive system. The telescope and mount sit atop an aluminum tripod with a height range of 28-49" and a handy tray for holding eyepieces, filters, a flashlight, or other accessories.
The included color filters are designed to improve contrast in views of planets, and the lunar filter defeats the glare of reflected sunlight for sharp views of the Moon's landscape. You can safely observe the Sun with the solar filter. The planisphere (rotating star chart) will help you navigate the night sky, and a compass is included for general orientation purposes, along with a carry bag for the whole set. Finally, the kit includes the "See it all!" astronomer's handbook, Stellarium 3D planetarium software with more than 600,000 constellations, stars, comets, and planets and their satellites, and educational posters of the moon, sun, and solar system.
- 90mm (3.5") aperture
- f/14 focal ratio
- 1250mm focal length
- Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system
- Front convex meniscus lens corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations and comas (off-axis aberrations) across the entire field of view
- Smaller secondary mirror reduces obstructions and increases contrast versus Schmidt-Cassegrain models
Mount & Tripod
- EQ1 manual German equatorial mount
- Altitude and azimuth adjustments
- Slow-motion controls
- Aluminum tripod
- Height adjustable 28-49"
- Tray holds accessories such as eyepieces and filters and adds stability and vibration reduction
- 1.25" eyepiece barrel diameter
- 10mm eyepiece produces 125x magnification
- 20mm eyepiece produces 62.5x magnification
- 6.3mm Plossl eyepiece produces 198x magnification
- 2x Barlow lens doubles magnification and improves eye relief
- Red dot finderscope
- Color filters for planetary viewing
- Lunar lens for details of the Moon's landscape
- Solar lens allows safe observation of the Sun
- Rotating star chart, Stellarium planetarium software, astronomer's handbook, educational posters
- Compass and carry bag