Designed for the outdoor enthusiast, world traveler, and sports spectator, the Levenhuk 8x42 Sherman PLUS Binocular features a wide angle of view, impressive eye relief, and a wide exit pupil to make long observation sessions comfortable, even in challenging light such as at dawn and dusk, or under heavy cloud cover.
Engineered with BAK4 roof prisms, a 4-element/3-group eyepiece lens configuration, and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, the optical components work together to present an immersive observation experience by producing bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color fidelity and limited distortion across its wide field of view, while helping to boost its light-gathering abilities and push the limits of its use as the light fades.
Complementing the optical performance is a chassis that is wrapped in a slip-resistant rubber armor to add grip security and stability in cold or wet weather - even when wearing gloves. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make them waterproof and resistant to fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes. Finally, its large center focusing wheel, wide ±4 dioptric correction, and twist-up eyecups enable precise focusing and eye relief for just about any user regardless of individual optical prescription.
- Moderate 8x magnification helps produce a wide exit pupil while maintaining a wide field of view
- Larger 42mm objective lenses draw in more light than smaller models for better viewing in low-light conditions
- Traditional Porro prism optical path helps to maintain a rich depth of field versus comparable roof prisms
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity across the entire visible spectrum, and improves contrast and image brightness
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- 2-element/1-group objective lens configuration and 4-element/3-group eyepiece lens configuration improves image quality by reducing lens-edge distortion
- Wide 65° apparent angle of view produces an immersive observational experience
- 426-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large textured and slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±4 right eye dioptric correction range for precise focus adjustment to most user's individual prescription
- 60-70mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use to limit vibration and arm fatigue
- Exceptional 21mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions more comfortable
- Wide 5.25mm exit pupil will cover pupils when they dilate in low-light conditions for clearer views without vignetting
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes
- Protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold or wet weather
- Tethered one-piece eyepiece rainguard and stay-on/flip-down objective lens caps are easy to put on and take off without the risk of losing them
- Broad 5 to 104°F (-15 to 40°C) operating temperature range
- Weight: 28 ounces