With an improved eyepiece lens configuration versus the mid-range PLUS series, the Levenhuk 10x42 Sherman PRO Binoculars feature a 5-element/3-group eyepiece to produce views that are clear and flat from edge to edge, making this an ideal optic for the outdoor enthusiast, world traveler, and sports spectator. The binoculars are also outfitted with a wide angle of view, impressive eye relief, and a generous exit pupil to make long observation sessions comfortable, even using them under heavy cloud cover.
Engineered with BAK4 roof prisms, a 5-element/3-group eyepiece lens configuration, and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, the optical components work together to present an immersive observation experience by producing bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color fidelity and limited distortion across their wide field of view, while helping to boost their light-gathering abilities in fading light. The binoculars' wide angle of view helps to minimize the appearance of the visible hand-shake that is common when holding high-power optics such as these.
Complementing the optical performance is a chassis that is wrapped in a slip-resistant rubber armor to add grip security and stability in cold or wet weather - even when wearing gloves. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to make them waterproof and resistant to fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes. Finally, their large center focusing wheel, wide ±6 dioptric correction, and twist-up eyecups enable precise focusing and eye relief for just about any user regardless of the individuals optical prescription.
- High 10x magnification enables detailed observations of distant subjects
- Larger 42mm objective lenses draw in more light than smaller models for better viewing in low-light conditions
- Traditional Porro prism optical path helps to maintain a rich depth of field versus comparable roof prisms
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity across the entire visible spectrum, and improves contrast and image brightness
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- 2-element/1-group objective lens configuration and 5-element/3-group eyepiece lens configuration improves image quality by reducing lens-edge distortion
- Wide 65° apparent angle of view helps to minimize the appearance of distracting hand-shake common when holding high-power optics
- 342-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large textured and slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±6 right eye dioptric correction range for precise focus adjustment to most user's individual prescription
- 60-70mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use to limit vibration and arm fatigue
- Long 18mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions more comfortable
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they dilate in low light conditions for clearer views
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes
- Protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold or wet weather
- Tethered one-piece eyepiece rainguard and stay-on/flip-down objective lens caps are easy to put on and take off without the risk of losing them
- Broad 5 to 104°F (-15 to 40°C) operating temperature range
- Weight: 29 ounces