With notable improvements over the SMART-50, the SMART-51D Dual-Sided ID Card Printer from IDP utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer processes to produce sharp images at resolutions of 300 dpi. It offers double-sided printing in a compact package that weighs only 11.5 lb, featuring an edge-to-edge print area that reproduces your entire image onto the card without cropping. Boosted speeds of up to 212 cards per hour are possible when printing images on a single side, while dual-sided cards can be produced at a rate of 164 cards per hour.
The printer accepts standard CR-80 size cards, featuring an adjustment lever that allows you to set the supported thickness between 15 and 40 mil. For simplified operation, the input and output hoppers are positioned on the same side of the printer. The input feeder accepts up to 100 cards when closed, but can be used with its lid open to allow you to safely stack up to 200 cards. The output hopper supports up to 40 cards and is removable, so you can slide it out to easily retrieve your cards.
For displaying status and settings, a small two-line LCD display is located right below the input hopper. Two control buttons can be used to turn on the printer, cycle through different information, and activate a cleaning mode. The printer connects to a computer via USB, featuring a utility tool for calibrating the print area and color density. Included in the SMART-51D bundle are a YMCKO ribbon for producing approximately 250 images, 100 PVC cards, a long sleeve cleaning card for maintenance, and a USB camera for capturing pictures that can be included on your ID badges.
- Offers dual-sided, edge-to-edge printing that leaves a thin border around the image
- Resolutions of 300 dpi that can achieve sharp and clean prints with fine detail
- Can produce up to 212 cards per hour when printing in full color on a single side
- Dual-sided printing speeds of up to 164 cards per hour
- Supports CR-80 size cards with a thickness between 15 and 40 mil
- Input hopper accepts 100 cards with the lid closed and 200 cards with the top open
- Removable output hopper holds up to 40 cards and slides out for easy retrieval
- Two-line LCD display with control buttons for viewing printer and ribbon information
- USB port in the back for connecting to computer; cable included with product