This B&H Kit combines the Drobo 5C 5-Bay USB 3.0 Type-C Enclosure with five Seagate 10TB IronWolf 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5" internal NAS hard drives, for a total storage capacity of 50TB.
Drobo 5C 5-Bay USB 3.0 Type-C Enclosure
Designed from the ground up to be an affordable and secure storage array, the 5C 5-Bay USB 3.0 Type-C Enclosure from Drobo is equipped with five 3.5" SATA drive bays that support SATA III 6 Gb/s and SATA II 3 Gb/s drives. Using separately sold drive carriers, the 5C will also support 2.5" hard drives and SSDs. The Drobo 5C distinguishes itself from the other members of the Drobo "5" series through its single USB 3.0 Type-C port, which operates with data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s.
To facilitate data protection, Drobo's BeyondRAID technology enables single or dual-drive redundancy. If there are any empty drive bays, BeyondRAID allows additional drives to be inserted into the array, where they would be automatically configured. If all drive bays are occupied, simply replace the smallest capacity drive with a larger one and BeyondRAID will handle the rest. BeyondRAID is also what allows drives of varying capacities to work in the same unit, which helps enable future expansion as larger drives become available.
Additional data protection is provided by the included rechargeable battery, which helps protect data stored in the 5C's memory or cache. If there were to be a sudden power loss, the battery allows the Drobo to stay powered long enough for the cached data to be written to an included internal SSD. Cooling is provided by a 120mm variable-speed fan and once installed, the hard drives can be configured to spin down when they're not in use, helping to further reduce noise and energy. Also, the LEDs can be dimmed to reduce light pollution when working in sensitive environments. The Drobo 5C is compatible with both Windows and Mac, including APFS/macOS High Sierra, and also includes a 5.9' USB 3.0 Type-C to Type-A cable, a 100-240 VAC power supply that runs at 50-60 Hz, and a 9.2' power cord. Protection is provided by a limited 1-year warranty within the US or outside the EU, or a limited 2-year warranty within the EU, as well as 90 days of business hour tech support. Using the 1 or 3-year DroboCare warranty renewals, your Drobo 5C is eligible for up to 5 years of coverage.
Protection From Drive Failure
Power Protecting Your Critical Data
Economical Capacity Expansion
Second Volume for Backups or Full Disk Encryption
Two Ways to Use a Second Volume:
1. Apple's Time Machine: Specify the maximum size Time Machine can use for its versioned backups. This solves the problem of Time Machine slowly consuming all space on a drive.
2. Encrypted Hard Drive: Some information requires additional protection. A second volume can create an encrypted disk using Windows and OS X / macOS tools. Sensitive data is protected with a password. Access to sensitive data is password protected.
Simple Setup - No Tools Needed
As Easy as Reading a Traffic Light
"Actions Required" Indicators
- Green: No action needed, system is healthy
- Solid Yellow: Add or upsize a drive here soon, the Drobo is over 85% full
- Blinking Green and Yellow: Don't remove any drives, operate normally. Drobo is optimizing the data layout. You can still perform read and write operations during optimization
- Solid Red: Add or upsize a drive here now
- Blinking Red: Replace this drive immediately, as it has failed. Depending on the capacity of your Drobo 5C, your data could be at risk until you replace this drive
Seagate 10TB IronWolf 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD (Retail)
Designed for use in 1-8 bay NAS environments within home, SOHO, and SMB environments, the 10TB IronWolf 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from Seagate is built to withstand 24x7 operations, or 8760 hours per year. This 10TB drive has been equipped with a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, a 3.5" form factor, and a 256MB cache, providing users with an ample storage capacity and data transfer speeds of up to 210 MB/s. This IronWolf hard drive also has an MTBF rating of 1 million hours, 600,000 load/unload cycles, 1 in 1015 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, and a workload rate of up to 180TB per year.