The Avid Technologies Media Composer Floating License 5-Pack offers five floating licenses for educational institutions which use Media Composer across a network, and must manage and track individual license codes across their workstations. It streamlines and centralizes the license management process, and helps maximize workflow flexibility for students working in classrooms or remotely at home.
The Media Composer Floating License system uses a single system ID, enabling multiple students to use Media Composer simultaneously on any number of workstations when licenses are available. Required is the installation of the included Avid Floating License Server software on a Windows-based computer. Once installed, students and administrators can access the floating license server from any Windows- or Mac-based client system, making administration and management easy and convenient, even when they are not physically in the classroom.
- Maximize workflow flexibility in your classes – ideal for educational institutions
- 5-pack of shared licenses to deploy across your entire facility using a single system ID
- Enables multiple students to use Media Composer simultaneously on any number of workstations, when licenses are available
- Seamless experience for end operator
- No need to purchase individual licenses for every student
- Licenses are only consumed when you need them, and they return to the server when not in use
- Comes with easy-to-use Avid Floating License Server software, which enables you to distribute licenses efficiently across your facility, on-demand, from a single centralized server
- Access the floating license server anywhere, from any Windows- or Mac-based client system
- Similar to a library, floating licenses can be "checked out" to individual machines, such as a laptop, when a student needs to work off site or at home
- Save countless hours of activation, installation, and upgrade
- All licenses are relinquished to the server when Media Composer closes or times out, protecting you from theft