Put together by Litepanels for image makers who need to take studio-quality light on the road, the V-mount Astra Bi-Color LED Traveler Duo Kit has everything you need for location shooting. The kit contains one Astra Soft Bi-Color LED Panel, one Astra 6X Bi-Color LED Panel, two V-mount battery brackets, two light stands, and a hard wheeled case for storage and transport.
Litepanels Astra Soft Bi-Color LED Panel
With its chassis-integrated diffusion, the Litepanels Astra Soft Bi-Color is like having a softbox built into the slim Litepanels Astra profile. The diffusion is designed to all but eliminate the multi-source shadow effect and lend a soft wraparound aesthetic to your subject while covering a larger, less concentrated area of illumination. The Soft Bi-Color is designed and built for professional production, with 25% higher output than the previous version and high color fidelity in its full 3200 to 5600K temperature range. Color and brightness adjustments are stepless throughout their range, and the output is flicker-free at all settings.
The Astra's functions may be adjusted locally using the intuitive built-in controls or operated remotely with one of the optional DMX512 modules, available in XLR 5-pin, RJ45, or wireless formats. Each module provides Master/Replica configuration for the control of single lights, or for multiple light fixtures in a network or daisy chain. In addition, the Astra Bluetooth module provides the same kind of control of single or multiple lights from a portable device, using the free Litepanels Smartlite downloadable app. The accessory modules slide into place on the rear of the Astra panel simply and quickly, with no wiring or complex installation required.
A quiet fan at the rear cools the electronics. It can be turned off during critical scenes, although the light output will be reduced while the fan is inactive. The Astra is ready for worldwide use due to its 100 to 240 VAC power supply, but it can also run on batteries if AC power is unavailable when paired with the separately available V-mount or Gold mount battery plates.
- Premium selected LEDs paired with a diffusion panel for a soft wraparound quality of illumination
- Flexible, modular concept
- Optional communications module allows the brightness, color temperature, and cooling mode to be controlled via DMX, wireless DMX, or Bluetooth
- Optional yoke-mounted Gold mount or V-mount battery plates
- Field replaceable fan module and external power supply
- Modern fixture design
- Easily identifiable and ergonomic manual controls for dimming, color, and power status
- Aluminum I-beam core construction to provide maximum durability and superior thermal management
- Integrated smooth dimming from 0 to 100% with no color shift
- Flicker-free at any frame rate or shutter angle
- Aluminum accessory mounting points and lens/filter rails
- End cap exhaust vents angle downward to direct airflow away from the fixture and help prevent foreign material from entering
- Durable, industry-standard 3-pin XLR locking power connector
- Yoke-mounted power supply and optional battery plates with dual integrated cable guides
- Removable TVMP connector for flexible mounting options
- Two alternate 1/4"-20 mounting points
Litepanels Astra 6X Bi-Color LED Panel
Litepanels continues to expand and enhance their formidable LED line with the Astra 6X Bi-Color LED Panel, which is 6x the brightness of the original Bi-Color 1x1. The technological advancement and enhancement is evident in the high CRI and significantly increased brightness, due to the use of tightly-binned LEDs and fine-tuned TIR (Total Internal Reflection) optics, resulting in a longer throw over a wider field. As in previous versions of the 1x1 form factor, the Astra has variable tungsten to daylight color temperature with negligible color shift, 0-100% dimming.
The Astra's functions may be adjusted locally using the intuitive built-in controls, or operated remotely with one of the optional DMX512 Modules, available in XLR 5-Pin, RJ-45, or Wireless formats. Each module provides Master/Replica configuration for the control of single lights, or multiple light fixtures in a network or daisy chain. In addition, the Astra Bluetooth module provides the same kind of control of single or multiple lights from a portable device, using the free Litepanels Smartlite app download. The accessory modules slide into place on the rear of the Astra panel simply and quickly, with no wiring or complex installation required.
The Astra 6X Bi-Color comes with both US and EU power cables, plus a universal (100-240 VAC) adapter. It also operates on 13-24 VDC batteries by using V-Mount or Gold Mount battery plates, available seperately. The unique curved yoke design features a TVMP connector for hanging or stand mounting the panel almost anywhere, and two additional 1/4"-20 female taps offer alternate mounting points.
Superior Color Reproduction
Efficient Thermal Management
Smooth Dimming from 0-100%
DMX512 and Bluetooth Control with Optional Modules
Modern, Modular Fixture Design
Custom Curved Yoke Design
Litepanels Nano Light Stand (6.2')
This Litepanels Nano Light Stand (6.2') is perfect for supporting small light fixtures on location. The stand folds down to about 19" (48 cm), which makes it easy to carry and fit into a location case.
Since it has five sections, support strength is maintained as the fixture is raised; most of the column remains inside the main shaft. It has a black anodized finish.
This stand has a 5/8" top stud, topped by a 3/8" thread, which is topped by a removable 1/4"-20 threaded top.
Quick Set Up
Standard Top Stud
Double Braced Leg Base
Litepanels Battery Plate for Astra 1x1 LED Panel (V-Mount)
This Battery Plate from Litepanels allows you to power the Astra 1x1 Bicolor LED panel with a V-mount battery. The plate also includes a D-Tap to 3-pin XLR cable.
Litepanels Traveler Case Duo with Custom Foam for 1 Astra Soft and 1 Astra (Black)
The black Traveler Case Duo with Custom Foam for 1 Astra Soft and 1 Astra from Litepanels is a Pelican iM2750 Storm Trak case designed to hold one Astra Soft and one regular Astra, or two regular Astra lights. An injection-molded case made of HPX high performance resin, it is virtually unbreakable, dent-resistant, and shatter-resistant. It is tough, rugged, lightweight, airtight, and watertight. There is a permanently attached Vortex valve that won't unscrew from the case and will automatically adjust air pressure without letting in water. Press & Pull latches open with the push of a button, yet stay closed securely under impact or stress. The case has unbreakable molded-in hasps that allow the addition of standard size padlocks. Hinges with integrated feet will hold fast under impact, and create a flat surface for upright stability. Three double-layered soft-grip, solid-core handles, a lightweight retractable telescoping handle, and rugged inline wheels make it easy to transport. This case has a multilayer cubed foam bottom and a convoluted foam pad in the lid.
- Three double-layered, soft-grip, solid-core carrying handles provide strong, durable comfort
- Lightweight, retractable, telescoping handle locks in place
- Rugged inline wheels with shielded ball bearings, composed of a nylon core encased in a polyurethane tread, and mounted on a solid axle for improved stability and ease of transport
- Meets ATA 300 category 1 standards for transit cases
- Meets FED-STD-101C requirements for drops and vibration (loose cargo)
- Exceeds the specifications listed in MIL-STD-648C for vibration (sweep)
- Meets MIL-STD-810F for immersion and simulated rainfall