The Ampridge MightyMic S+ is a compact, shotgun microphone, that plugs directly into the headphone jack of a smartphone, or using the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter (available separately), into the Lightning port of an iOS device. It features an hypercardioid polar pattern, which concentrates the sound coming from the target source in front of the mic, while reducing unwanted sounds from the back and sides. With its flexible Lightning clip adapter, the microphone easily mounts on a wide range of mobile devices, and is ideal for capturing high-quality speech and ambient sounds for interviews, podcasts, videos, and more.
The MightyMic S+ features a 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone jack on the rear, that allows you to plug headphones for monitoring audio while recording (app dependent) or conveniently listening to your videos without having to remove the mic. The unit ships with a carrying bag, and a foam windshield for outdoor use.
- Compact, condenser microphone for smartphones, tablets, mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, and more)
- Hypercardioid shotgun design reduces unwanted sounds from the back and sides
- Plugs into the headphone jack of your device
- Also plugs into the Lightning port of your device – requires Apple Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter (available separately)
- Rear headphone jack allows you to use headphones to monitor sound while recording or playback without removing the microphone
- No batteries required for operation
- Includes Lightning clip adapter for mounting on iPhone 7/7+, iPad, and other Lightning-equipped devices
- When connected using the headphone jack instead of the Lightning port, Lightning clip adapter acts as a stabilizer to prevent mic rotation,
- Gold-plated 3.5mm TRRS plug
- Includes foam windscreen
- Includes carrying bag
- Can be used with MoviePro app (iOS) for listening to the sound while recording video, with the MightyMic Pro Recorder app (iOS) for monitoring while recording audio, and with other apps that accept an external microphone