With an easy-to-hold compact design and a powerful magnification, the Opticron 10x25 T4 Trailfinder Monocular is outfitted with a small objective lens and space-saving roof prism to produce an optic that fits comfortably in the hand, yet remains versatile and portable. Added to that, are features that boost performance for wide array of uses in challenging environmental conditions.
These features begin with BAK4 roof prisms and broadband fully multi-coated optics that work together to deliver bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color rendition through the entire visible spectrum across its generous field of view. For those who want to make detailed observations at close range, the T4's minimum focus distance is under 5 feet so viewing nearby birds, bugs, flora, and fauna is comfortable and easy. A long eye relief and comfortable exit pupil, when combined with the optical performance, present the user with an immersive observational experience in the field, on the range, at the arena, or just sightseeing around town.
With the T4 monocular, the light weight allows you to keep it at the ready in your pocket or around your neck for glassing on-the-go. The chassis is made of aluminum alloy to help keep the weight low without sacrificing strength, stability, or durability; and its optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging. A protective black rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip, with a textured palm pad added for improved grip security in cold and wet weather.
- High 10x magnification allows for detailed observations of distant objects
- 25mm objective lenses keep the form factor small for easier packing and handling
- Roof prism optical path helps to keep the optical tubes slim to be comfortable to hold
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Proprietary High Light Transmission (HLT) broadband anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to help produce accurate color fidelity across the entire visual spectrum, and further improve contrast and brightness
- Short 5-foot minimum focus distance enables detailed observations of bugs, birds, flowers, and other plants at close range
- 288-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Textured slip-resistant focusing ring is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- 2-stage twist-up click-stop eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long 17mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions comfortable without eye strain
- 2.5mm exit pupil
- Compact 3.9x1.4" design fits easily and comfortably in the palm of the hand
- Aluminum chassis produces a lightweight optic without sacrificing strength or stability
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes
- Protective black rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- Textured palm pads improve grip security and stability — especially in wet weather
- At less than 5 ounces, it won't add excessive bulk or cause strain when hung from the neck