Inspired by hunters, and outfitted with a magnification and objective lens combination favored around the world for its versatility, Blaser 8x42 Primus Binoculars combine a slim ergonomic form factor with thoughtfully engineered optical features to give users an optic that is ideal for most outdoor activities.
The optical performance starts with large 42mm objectives to help boost performance as the light fades, with extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements and phase-corrected BAK4 Abbe-Koenig roof prisms that help to correct spherical and chromatic aberrations—producing bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color representation, but without distortion, across the entire wide field of view in all light conditions. Complementing this are the Contrast and Color Corrective Coating (CCC) and Smart Lens Protection (SLP) coatings, which further improve light transmission, color rendition, contrast, and clarity; and help to keep the lenses clear of water and debris to improve views and make cleaning them easier. These optical components work together with the long eye relief and wide exit pupil to present an immersive observational experience from dawn to dusk.
A short-bridge design pulls the center of gravity back toward the eyepieces, so the binoculars' weight is rear biased for a more solid and ergonomic feel in the hand. The lightweight magnesium housing is wrapped in a slip-resistant elegant two-tone armor; and the optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be resistant to internal fogging, as well as dustproof and waterproof. For long-duration observation sessions, the binoculars are tripod mountable to eliminate shake or vibrations, and reduce arm fatigue.
In the field, on the range, in a blind or up a stand, the 8x42 Primus binoculars are an ideal addition to your kit, for glassing without compromise.
- Moderate 8x magnification brings subjects in close for viewing without sacrificing field of view or exit pupil
- 42mm objective lenses boost light-gathering ability versus compact models for improved low-light performance without the bulk of larger objectives
- Compact Abbe-Koenig roof prisms help to maintain a slim form factor for easier handling and carrying
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Phase-corrected prism coatings improve color rendition and contrast
- Extra low-dispersion glass further reduces chromatic and spherical aberration to produce accurate color rendition; and improve resolution, contrast, and clarity across the entire field of view
- CCC (Contrast and Color Corrective Coating) system: Multi-layer coating with neutral color reproduction and bright high-contrast images
- SLP (Smart Lens Protection) coating enables rain to run off and makes cleaning the lenses easier
- Wide 65° apparent angle of view presents an immersive observational experience
- 425-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Short closed-bridge design exposes more surface area on the optical tube to improve hold and comfort without sacrificing strength
- Large center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction allows for precise compensation to individual eye prescription
- 57 to 79mm interpupillary adjustment range for easy use by a wide array of people
- Twist-up eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter helps to reduce arm fatigue during long glassing sessions and to eliminate shake and/or vibrations
- Long 18.2mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions more comfortable, without eye strain
- Wide 5.25mm exit pupil will cover most pupils when they open and dilate in low-light conditions, providing clearer views
- Lightweight and durable magnesium housing reduces weight, yet maintains strength and stability
- Rear-biased center of gravity provides a comfortable balance that makes them easy to hold and helps to reduce arm fatigue
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes; and IP67 rated; waterproof to 16' (5m), and dustproof
- Two-tone rubber armoring protects while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Fish-scale texture on the focus knob and dioptric correction ring improves tactile feel for better precision in cold or wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Removable eyecups make cleaning easier and more complete
- Made in Germany