Capture brilliant images of coral reefs, pygmy seahorses, and blue-ringed octopi with this Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing and Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera Body Kit from B&H. The durable ABS and polycarbonate housing allows you to descend to depths as great as 200'. Its mechanical controls afford access to most of the functions of the 24MP, APS-C 80D camera.
The waterproof enclosure's DL mount accepts various dome and flat ports to accommodate a broad array of lenses. Add an external strobe or video light to your system to ensure sufficient illumination and color accuracy on cloudy days, and when diving beyond 20' or so on clear, sunny days.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 80D with Dry Lock Port Mount (200')
You can capture sharp, detailed images at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface with your Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera, thanks to Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount. An Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes. Use of an optional TTL hot shoe and circuitry will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to most camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It's white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but the clear acrylic back plate allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart.. Ikelite's Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. The DL port mount may be removed and replaced by an older one to allow you to use standard and modular ports from Ikelite's Four Lock system.
- Depth rating: 200'
- Made by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear acrylic back, which is also corrosion-resistant, allows you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water; overall system buoyancy varies based on choice of lens and port
- Open-groove design suspends rear O-ring in natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal easy
- Camera mounting plate enables quick installation and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes via sync cords
- Optional # 46070 CT1K Canon TTL Kit (hot shoe and circuitry) will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes, such as Sea & Sea, Inon, and Nikonos models, will still work in manual mode only
- TTL exposure compensation adjustable in-camera
- Available manual sync cords: #4103.51 Single and 4103.52 Dual Ikelite type; #4118.1 Single Inon/Sea & Sea, 4118.2 Dual Inon/Sea & Sea, 4116.31 Single Nikonos SB, and 4116.32 Dual Nikonos SB types
- Flash units without sync cords may be triggered as slaves by hard-wired strobes
- Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering of additional flash units via Optical Slave Converter #4403 or Aquatica's Water Wizard system
- Flash bulkhead has been moved to top of housing to prevent sync cord from getting in the way and to reduce strain
- Use of external strobe highly recommended for color-correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend further than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Camera's built-in flash cannot be used inside housing
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers
- Controls afford access to many camera functions
- Following functions inaccessible: Diopter adjustment dial, multi-function lock switch, flash button, depth-of-field preview, AF area selection, AF operation selection, Drive mode selection, Metering mode selection, and LCD panel illumination
- Whenever possible, controls have been placed in same configuration as on camera, allowing you to take advantage of familiarity and muscle memory you've already developed with camera
- Control symbols laser-etched into rear of housing won't fade with time
- Camera's bright LCD screen visible from edge to edge through rear of enclosure
- Supplied, anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand QR grip can be added to allow for a second lighting arm to be connected
- Optional Cable Grip and Aluminum top handles can be added if shooting with 2 strobes
- Tray has been redesigned and is now over 3/4 lb lighter
- Tray and handle can be removed quickly and easily for travel and storage
- Camera mounting plate has 1/4"-20 threaded hole for connection to optional tripod
- •Enhance your view with optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder or 45° Magnified Viewfinder
Lens Port System
- Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with very large diameters
- Housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable dome and flat ports for various zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For full compatibility, see Port Chart linked above
- Accepts array of zoom and focus gears for various lenses
- Large, soft-touch knob on side of housing makes small adjustments easy
- Provides added security against leaks at surface--thanks in large part to included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before dive
- # 47011 Pump with Gauge required in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
- DL mount may be removed and replaced with old-style port locks to allow for mounting of standard or modular Four Lock ports; however, re-installation of DL base will require you to ship housing back to Ikelite or other authorized service center
Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Characterized by versatile imaging specs, the Canon EOS 80D further clarifies itself using a pair of robust focusing systems and an intuitive design. Featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, this sleek DSLR is capable of capturing high-resolution images at up to 7 fps and Full HD 1080p60 video, both with reduced noise and high sensitivity up to an expanded ISO 25600 for working in difficult lighting conditions. When working with the optical viewfinder, an apt 45-point all cross-type AF system affords fast performance in a range of lighting conditions for tracking moving subjects and working in low light, while the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system benefits live view shooting and movie recording by providing a smooth, natural focusing quality akin to the way a camcorder acquires focus. Touch-to-focus is availed by the large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which also sports a swiveling vari-angle design for working from high and low angles with ease. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to pair mobile devices with the camera to wirelessly transfer files for sharing your photos and movies online. More than just a well-connected DSLR, the 80D is equally matched in imaging versatility due to its inclusion of multimedia feature-sets for stills shooting and movie recording.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
Unique to most video recording systems, the 80D also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot ClearView II touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
- The pentaprism type Intelligent Viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, AF points and mode, compositional grids, a horizontal electronic level, and other assistive features can be displayed during use.
- Both photos and movies can be wirelessly shared to smartphones or tablets, using the Canon Camera Connect app, for instant online sharing or backed up to the Canon Connect Station CS100 via built-in Wi-Fi with NFC connectivity. Remote shooting from a linked mobile device is also available, allowing you to wirelessly configure exposure settings or release the shutter.
- The high-performance shutter mechanism has been tested for up to 100,000 cycles.
Other Camera Features
- A 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- An anti-flicker function automatically compensates for flickering light sources to provide consistent exposure values and color during continuous shooting.
- Time-Lapse Movie combines still photos taken at set intervals into a silent movie to depict motion that occurs over a long time scale.
- HDR effects are available for stills shooting, and can be applied using Natural, Art Standard, Art Bold, Art Vivid, and Art Embossed settings.
- Creative Filters can be applied to creatively refine the look of imagery, and include Grainy Black and White, Soft Focus, Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Art Bold Effect, and Water Painting Effect. Five dedicated effects are also available for movie recording, an include Memory, Dream, Old Movies, Dramatic B&W, and Miniature Effect.
- Picture Style settings: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.