Capture beautiful images of coral, pygmy seahorses, and blue-ringed octopi with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 Digital Camera Kit from B&H. The durable ABS and polycarbonate enclosure enables you to descend as far as 200' beneath the surface. Its mechanical controls afford access to virtually all of the functions of the LX10. Additionally, it's equipped with a flat glass port for the camera's Leica DC Vario-Summilux 24-72mm f/1.4-2.8 lens.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Panasonic LUMIX LX10 or LX15
You can capture brilliant images of coral reefs, whale sharks, and more at depths as great as 200', thanks to Ikelite's Underwater Housing for the Panasonic LUMIX LX10 or LX15 Digital Camera. Dual fiber-optic ports enable the attachment of optional external strobes via cables. Mechanical push-buttons, dials, and a lever afford access to all camera functions except for the flash-open lever; however, the flash may be used inside the housing to trigger external strobes via the fiber-optic connection.
A flat glass port with a 3.0" diameter accommodates and protects the camera's lens, and features 67mm threads for attaching external wide-angle and macro wet lenses or color-correction filters. Built for durability, the enclosure is constructed from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and acrylic blend, which is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera. An optional aluminum tray with a quick-release grip or two will afford improved balance and handling, while offering a way to attach optional lighting arms.
- Depth rating: 200'
- Made from a durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and acrylic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking latches are virtually unbreakable and make it easy to open and close the housing
- Rear O-ring seal design and placement prevent accidental twisting or stretching, and eliminate the need for a groove that can trap sand, dirt, or debris
- 1/2-20 threaded accessory port on the side of the housing allows for the easy installation of an optional Vacuum Kit (#47012), which will allow you to confirm the integrity of the watertight seal before diving
- Camera is installed and removed through the front of the housing
- Mounting plate allows for secure camera placement, and does not need to be removed for you to access the battery compartment or memory card slot
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole for connection to a tripod
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical push-buttons, dials, and a lever afford access to all camera functions except for the flash-open lever
- Camera's flash may be used inside the housing to trigger external strobes via fiber-optic cables
- Shutter lever features Ikelite's updated design, which has made it more sensitive and ergonomic than the levers on many previous housings
- Optional Shutter Trigger Extension (#4077.93) can be added on to allow for easy shutter activation without removing your hand from a grip
- Redesigned push-buttons are even lighter in weight than the previously existing ones, and are also less prone to salt buildup
- Laser-engraved control symbols on the back of the housing won't come off or fade with time
- Built-in glass port with a flat front element and 3.0" diameter accommodates and protects the camera's lens
- Features 67mm threads for attaching external wide-angle and macro wet lenses or color-correction filters
- Wide-angle lenses increase your angle of coverage, allowing you to get close to your subject while fitting more in the frame
- Macro lenses enable extreme close-ups with great clarity and detail, so you can fill the whole frame with a tiny sea creature
- Both types of accessory conversion lenses cut down on distortion caused by the water, resulting in better image quality
- Ikelite WD-3 Wide-Angle Dome provides mid-range coverage with no vignetting
- Ikelite W-30, INON UWL-H100, and other 67mm wide-angle options offer wider coverage, but not without a little vignetting and edge distortion
- By using a smaller aperture, zooming in slightly, and/or cropping in post-production, vignetting and distortion can be reduced or eliminated
- Available macro lenses include those from INON, Epoque, and other brands
- When not using an external strobe, attach an optional, external color-correction filter for blue or green water to your port, in order to restore hues that are absorbed beneath the surface
- 3.0" filters can be pressed directly onto the port; larger 3.6" size may be required when fitting filters onto wide-angle wet lenses
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Camera's built-in flash is not suitable for illuminating shots underwater, but can be used to trigger optional external strobes that have greater range, coverage, power, and color-correcting capability
- Dual fiber-optic ports enable direct connection to many strobes, and will allow for the use of Ikelite DS strobes via the Fiber-Optic Converter (#4401.1) and Fiber-Optic Cord (#4501)
- Compatible with the following additional cables: INON Optical D Cable with "non-wireless type" L-connector, Sea & Sea L-type F.O. cable (#50107), Sea & Sea F.O. Cable II (#50128), Olympus UW F.O. Cable (PTCB-E02), Nauticam-to-INON Optical Fiber Cable (#26211), Nauticam-to-Sea & Sea Optical Fiber Cable (#26212)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 Digital Camera
A pocket-sized powerhouse, Panasonic's Lumix DMC-LX10 Digital Camera offers outstanding performance through the use of a 20.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor that can deliver sharp stills, UHD 4K video, and more. Combine this with a compact design that offers a 3" LCD touchscreen that tilts up 180° for selfies, and you have an almost ideal camera for everyday carry.
In order to provide sharp, richly detailed images, the LX10 features a fast Leica DC Vario-Summilux f/1.4-2.8 lens with a versatile 3x zoom range. This optic features a 35mm equivalent wide-angle to telephoto range of 24-72mm, making it useful in a range of different situations. Also, the 20.1MP sensor furthers the camera's abilities with an extended sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 and continuous shooting at up to 50 fps with an electronic shutter and 10 fps with the mechanical shutter.
The LX10 is equipped with a 5-axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ system for shake-free images and a 49-area autofocus system that will make sure your images are tack sharp. Hybrid shooters will appreciate the inclusion of high-quality UHD 4K video recording in the LX10. It can record at 30 or 24 fps at 100 Mbps using the MP4 format. Also, Panasonic leverages the power of this technology to provide advanced 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus features.
Looking at the svelte metal exterior, users will appreciate an ergonomic grip and design. The LX10 has a physical lens control ring to help provide more tactile control over certain settings. Shooters who are always on the go can charge up their camera through the USB port. The camera is also boosted by the inclusion of numerous other features, such as focus stacking and Wi-Fi connectivity, making this a very capable imaging tool.
20.1MP 1" High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
Leica DC Vario-Summilux f/1.4-2.8 Zoom Lens
UHD 4K Video Recording
4K PHOTO Capabilities
Post Focus and Focus Stacking
A built-in focus stacking feature lets you program the capture of a sequence of photos with shifting focus. This technique allows you to utilize the highest performing aperture as well as increase the depth of field in your final image.