The FS-HDR HDR/WCG Converter/Frame Synchronizer from AJA is specifically designed to provide HDR (High Dynamic Range) and WCG (Wide Color Gamut)–video processing. Proprietary Colorfront algorithms offer real-time color fidelity and minimal latency for both UHD/4K and HD/2K workflows. The FS-HDR also works as a single-channel UHD 4K cross-converter, or a 4-channel HD/2K converter, complete with HDR, scaling, color correction, and deinterlacing functions.
Firmware update 4.1 increases the buffer depth from 6 to 20 frames and adds both BBC HLG format conversion LUTs v1.5 and NBCU (NBCUniversal) HLG LUTS. Update 4.1 also offers expanded Closed Captioning (CC) support and the ability to pass through or translate critical ancillary data, even while performing a conversion. The FS-HDR offers a Colorfront Engine TV Mode with enhanced color-correction and camera control functions. Features include knee point and knee slope controls for better highlights and roll-offs in SDR and HDR conversion, seamless round-tripping to help maintain branded SDR color fidelity, and improved use of HDR image information in SDR down-conversions and SDR to HDR expansion. Update 4.0 introduced BBC 3D HLG LUTs v1.4, a LUT 9 for HLG to SDR display-light conversions, and metadata support for additional cameras and lenses. It also brought the ability to configure HDR components of the SDI output VPID on a channel-by-channel basis. Cinematic color spaces like ARRI Log C, Canon Log 2/3, Panasonic V-Log, RED Log3G10/Wide Gamut, and Sony S-Gamut3/S-Log3 are accurately reproduced and converted from log to either HDR or SDR output.
With a wide range of connection options for both video and audio, in frame synchronizer mode the FS-HDR does the work of four separate devices in 2K/HD/SD. Combine all the processors and channels together for maximum flexibility for UHD/4K productivity. UHD/4K input and output options include quad 1.5G, dual 3G, and quad 3G, 6G, and 12G over a range of SDI and optional fiber choices.
In single-channel mode, the FS-HDR will upscale your HD or SD materials to UHD/4K and back, with a wide array of audio channels over Fiber, 3G-SDI, AES, and MADI connectors. In four-channel mode, the FS-HDR provides multi-channel conversion with up to 4-channels of simultaneous processing for 2K/HD and SD signals. Closed captioning is preserved even when converting between formats, and a looping Reference input enables locking to your housed reference signal.
These multiple conversion/synchronizer features are housed within the FS-HDR's compact 1 RU frame. Control the FS-HDR using the front-panel buttons, or the web-based user interface via the built-in 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet port. When working with large installations, configurations can be applied and saved to multiple FS-HDR units, ensuring consistency and speed.
- Buffer now supports up to 20-frame delays
- Updated BBC HLG LUTs to v1.5 including two new LUTs and:
- LUT1 had 105% output clip to the EBU R103 “preferred” signal range removed
- LUT8 has improved color saturation and softer tone-mapping to enhance image highlights
- LUT9 has improved color saturation, especially in highlights and tone-mapping has been adjusted to avoid clipping of the HLG nominal signal range
- LUT17 and LUT18 are new LUTs for SDR BT.2020 to HLG BT.2100 conversion
- New NBCU LUT Transform category includes:
- 1-NBCU_SDR2HLG_DL_v1, SDR UpMap to HLG using Display Light
- 2-NBCU_SDR2HLG_SL_v1, SDR to HLG using Scene Light
- 3-NBCU_HLG2SDR_DL_v1.1, HLG to SDR using Display Light
- 4-NBCU_SDR2PQ_DL_v1, SDR UpMap to PQ using Display Light
- 5-NBCU_PQ2SDR_DL_v1, PQ to SDR using Display Light
- 7-NBCU_HLG10002PQ_v1, HLG 1000 Nits to PQ
- New ability to automatically pass through SCTE-104 packets for a wide range of formats and conversions
- New Timecode Xlator to pass-through or translate Ancillary Timecode (ATC) packets for a wide range of formats and conversions.
- Supports LTC, VITC1, or VITC2