Maxon Cinema 4D Studio R19 is the complete Cinema 4D package for advanced 3D graphics. C4D Studio has all the features of C4D Prime, Broadcast, Visualize, and BodyPaint 3D, altogether providing a comprehensive toolset for all 3D applications. Cinema 4D's reliability also makes C4D Studio ideal for fast-paced 3D productions. Maxon regularly releases free service packs for optimization with changes in operating systems and drivers, contributing to continued reliability in demanding environments.
Cinema 4D Studio is designed with a logically arranged (and customizable) interface and intuitive, easy-to-understand operation. To make things easier, the interface also allows any questions about a specific function to be asked by right-clicking on the function and jumping straight to the integrated software documentation.
C4D is also designed to stay flexible throughout your entire project. It offers various options, such as parametric modeling, procedural shaders, and textures, for working non-destructively, and the C4D Take System allows you to save and manage multiple versions of a scene in a single file.
The application is compatible with Mac and Windows systems.
New Features in R19
R19 adds support for Screen-Space Reflections and OpenGL Depth-Of-Field in addition to Screen Space Ambient Occlusion and Tessellation. The OpenGL view can be used to output preview renders directly for client approval using the new native MP4 support. Preview everything from your scene: Shadows, Transparency, Reflections, SSAO, Tesselation, Depth of Field.
LOD (Level Of Detail) Object
Maximize viewport or render speed, create new types of animations, or prepare optimized game assets with the new LOD object. You can simplify objects and hierarchies automatically based on screen size, camera distance, and other factors. An intuitive new interface element makes it easy to define and manage LOD settings, and your levels of details export via FBX for use in popular game engines.
New Media Core
As part of our core modernization effort, Cinema 4D's support for image, video, and audio formats has been completely rewritten for increased speed and memory efficiency. Cinema 4D now natively supports MP4 without QuickTime, so it's easier than ever to deliver a preview render, incorporate video as textures, or motion track some footage. All import and export formats are more robust and feature-packed than ever before.
Exchange Format Updates
Export LOD and selected objects via FBX and Alembic. Re-time and render accurate motion blur with subframe interpolation support for Alembic files.
New Feature Highlighting
Quickly identify new features in R19 or in specific tutorials with New Feature Highlighting.
Create muscles and tweak the deformation at key poses artistically, without setting up and rigging complex muscle objects. Using Pose Space Deformation within R19's PoseMorph tag, it's easy to create correctional morphs that are driven automatically by joint animation. Attach the morph to a weight map and animated joints, and the morph will be automatically applied based on the character pose.
Painting weights is one of the more tedious aspects of character rigging, but Cinema 4D R19 introduces some great workflow tools to improve the process. New algorithms for mirroring weights make it much easier to translate the work done on one side to the other, while the Weighting Tool has improved normalization and smoothing. The Weight Manager includes many enhancements to make it more intuitive, plus you can now use multiple Weight Manager windows and easily filter each window to specific joints.
Improved painting workflow (joint viewport selection, smoothing, eyedropper), restructured weight manager, improved weighting commands (bind to multiple meshes).
Maintenance & Optimization
Increased weighting precision, normalization improvements, increased painting performance.
Scene Reconstruction & Tracking Improvements
Integrating 3D objects into tracked footage is easier than ever with Scene Reconstruction, which creates colored point clouds and geometry based on tracked features. Manually tracking features is much easier, too - you can choose whether tracks evaluate the red, green, blue or full luminance of the footage.
Noise falloff type with Perlin, Ridged Multifractal, and all of C4D's Noise types. Bind multiple objects to joints with a single click. Use undeformed objects as collision shapes for faster dynamics.
Breaking stuff became easy and popular with the release of the fully-procedural Voronoi Fracture object in Release 18. And now in Release 19, it's been made easy to keep stuff together, and it's also up to 4x faster.
Break objects progressively based on object collisions and other forces. Dynamic Connectors between fracture pieces ensure they stay together until enough force is applied.
Create wood splinters and crystal structures with pre-fracture transforms.
Displaced noise along the broken surfaces makes fractured pieces appear more realistic.
Glue multiple fracture pieces together to create complex shapes.
Improved sorting (by distance to object or custom vector). Create honeycomb shapes with Invert Offset. Create shells with Hull Thickness.
With the all-new Sound Effector in R19, it's easy to create energetic music visualizations and make motion graphics move to the beat. Drag probes to isolate specific frequencies and volumes, and iterate, distribute or blend the values from each probe to control your clones. Built-in decay smooths the animation without the need for a Delay effector. Link multiple effectors to a single sound track for easy control and faster playback, and render the animation with sound using new native MP4 support.
Unleash the power of your graphics card to create physically-accurate final renders. AMD's Radeon ProRender technology is seamlessly integrated into Release 19 with support for Cinema 4D's standard materials, lights, and cameras. Whether you're using the powerful AMD chips in the latest Mac systems, or NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards with Windows, you'll enjoy a cross-platform, deeply-integrated solution with a fast, intuitive workflow.
Attach ProRender to any view and use it just like any other view. You'll get instant feedback as you rearrange objects, adjust the camera, and tweak materials and lighting.
New PBR Material and Light options include ideal defaults for a Physically-Based Rendering workflow.
Render the whole image progressively, or use bucket rendering for better memory management when rendering at high resolution.
ProRender scales up to use all the graphics cards in your system, whether you've got a MacPro with multiple Radeon cards or a Windows system with AMD and NVIDIA cards.
Use Materials, Lights, and Cameras.
Eliminate hot-pixels common to path-tracers.
Spherical VR Camera
Render stereoscopic 360° Virtual Reality videos and dome projections with Release 19's Spherical Camera. Specify a latitude and longitude range, and render in equirectangular, cubic string, cubic cross or 3x2 cubic format. Render proper VR stereo with pole smoothing to minimize distortion.
Preserve detail and manage exposure with industry-standard Tone Mapping algorithms like Reinhard and Photo Linear.
New options to vary UV tiling and individual hair strands.
Team Render Discovery
Find and link Team Render Clients on your network without the need to install Bonjour.
Strand Renderer Speedup
Embree technology offers faster raycasting for massive speedups in scenes with lots of reflections and transparency.
BodyPaint 3D now uses OpenGL, so you'll immediately see a fantastic preview when painting color, reflectance, alpha, bump or normals, and even displacement. When working in a physically based shading workflow, you can now paint on every reflectance channel with a full preview that utilizes R19's Screen Space Reflections. Projection painting is fully multi-threaded and for faster translation of brush strokes onto your model.
UV Editing Improvements
Efforts to improve C4D's UV Editing toolset are underway, and you can enjoy the first fruits of this work in Release 19. Create selections more efficiently with options to convert point and polygon selections to the related UV points and polygons. You can now grow and shrink UV point selections, and Coordinate Manager support makes it easy to move and align selected UV elements.
UV Coordinate Manager
Dial in UV Coordinates with numeric precision.
Use Loop, Ring, and other Selection Tools to convert easily to related UVs.
Select contiguous UV islands with a double-click.
- Advanced presets and demo scenes
- Annotations Tag
- Arabic interface support
- Available in 11 languages (switchable)
- Broadcast Library, including materials, cameras, and objects
- Color Chooser
- Content Libraries
- Context-sensitive, fully-searchable HTML help
- Cross-platform support for Mac and Windows
- Custom User Data per object
- Customizable GUI sets (toolbars/layouts/menus)
- Doodle viewport annotation tool
- Enhanced OpenGL Viewport
- Essential presets and demo scenes
- High-Quality OpenGL Viewport
- Layer system for object and material management
- Lite Library, including materials, cameras, and objects
- Multiple projects open at once
- New Feature Highlighting
- Object highlighting
- Picture Viewer
- Scripting and SDK
- Solo Button
- Stereo display in Viewport
- Take System
- To Do List
- Visualization Library, including materials, presets, and architectural objects
- XRef external instancing / referencing system
- ABF unwrapping and relaxing
- Basic Tools
- Bevel Deformer
- Deformer Falloff
- Extrude, Lathe, Loft, Sweep
- Interactive UV mapping by projection types
- Knife Tools
- Level of Detail Object
- LSCM unwrapping and relaxing
- Mesh Check
- Modeling Generators: Metaball, Boolean, Symmetry, Array, Atom Array, Instance, Connect, Spline Mask, Python
- Modeling Kernel
- Polygon Reduction Generator
- OpenSubdiv Support
- Scene Objects: Floor, Sky, Environment, Stage, Foreground, Background
- Spline Mask object
- Spline Tools
- Subdivision surfaces
- UV Editing
- UV Peeler
- UV mapping to automatically remove seams
- UV Peeler
- UVs for Caps
- C++ Sculpt Brush API
- Mesh Projection
- Mirroring & Masking
- Python Support for lib_sculpt
- Sculpt Brushes
- Sculpt functionality
- Sculpt Layers
- Sculpt to Pose Morph
Materials & Texture
- 12 standard material channels: Color, Diffusion, Luminance, Transparency, Reflection, Environment, Fog, Bump, Normal, Alpha, Glow, Displacement
- 3D Painting with layers, all blend modes and Photoshop file compatibility
- Animated textures (MOV, AVI, sequence) with viewport preview
- Blurry reflections and transparencies
- Brick, Wood, Weathering, Pavement and Normalizer shaders
- Choose Photoshop PSD layers per usage
- Displacement: intensity (centered), red/green and RGB
- Formula shader
- Fresnel shader
- Grass Material shader
- Improved Variation shader
- Inverse Ambient Occlusion
- Layer shader
- Multi-brush painting of multiple material channels in single stroke
- Noise Procedural shader with 32 different noise algorithms
- Normal maps: tangent, object or world
- OpenGL-accelerated 3D Painting with layers, all blend modes, and Photoshop compatibility
- Parallax shader
- Physically correct IOR presets
- Procedural surface shaders
- Projection Man
- Projection painting
- Proximity-based Proximal shader
- Reflectance Channel
- Set UVW from projection
- Shading models: Lambertian, Oren-Nayar
- Shadow Catcher
- Sketch & Toon Art, Hatch, Spot (halftone) shaders
- Sub-Polygon displacement (SPD)
- Sub-Surface Scattering
- Terrain Mask shader
- Texture baking: surface color, illumination, Ambient Occlusion, Normals, displacement and more
- Texture Manager
- Thin Film shader
- Transparency with absorption, total internal reflections, exit reflections
- Variation shader
- Color temperature in Kelvin
- Custom lens flares
- Global Illumination
- Hard, Soft, Area shadows
- IES Lights
- Include/exclude light diffusion, specular, shadow per object
- Light Types: Omni, Spot, Infinite, Area, Square Spot, Parallel Spot, Square Parallel Spot
- Noise within light illumination and/or visibility
- Photometric brightness setting in Candela and Lumen
- Physical Sky
- Visible, Volumetric and Inverse Volumetric lighting
- Camera Calibrator
- Camera Composition Helpers
- Camera Crane
- Camera Focus Picker
- Camera Morph
- Camera, Target Camera, Stereo Camera
- Graphical View for Motion Tracking
- Lens Distortion Support
- Motion Camera
- Motion Tracker
- Object Tracker
- Scene Reconstruction for Motion Tracker
- Spherical Camera
- Ambient Occlusion
- Camera white balance
- Color profile support
- Embree Integration
- Global Material Override
- Light Mapping
- Linear workflow
- Multi-Pass output
- Normal Pass
- Object buffers - specify unique alpha channels per object
- Physical Render Engine
- Position Pass
- ProRender (new GPU-based Renderer)
- Pyrocluster volumetric particle rendering
- Radiosity maps
- Render instances
- Render Queue batch rendering system
- Render up to 128,000 pixels square / 32 bits per pixel
- Sketch and Toon
- Stereoscopic Rendering
- Sub-Surface Scattering
- Team Render (unlimited Nodes)
- Universal Sampler (GI-QMC)
- ASCII animation import
- Automatic keyframing
- Constant Velocity option per track
- Constraints: PSR, Up-Vector, Clamp, Mirror, Parent, Aim, Spring
- Driver tag
- F-Curve Snapshot and Reduced Modification curves
- Interaction Tag
- Keyframe baking
- Keyframe reduction
- New Parent Constraint workflow
- Non-linear animation / motion mixing system
- PowerSlider animation toolbar for playback and keyframe manipulation
- Shift Priority Tag
- Timeline - up to four timeline windows with customizable track display and dopesheet or F-Curve view modes
- Auto weighting
- Character Object
- Enhanced Quaternion workflow
- Joints with full dynamic IK
- Mirror, Naming and Paint Tools
- Muscle deformer
- Point Cache tag
- Pose Morph
- PSD Correctional Morphs
- Skin Deformer supports linear, spherical and blended deformation based on joints
- Tension tag
- VAMP tool for translating weights, morphs, selection, textures, UVs and vertex maps between different geometry
- Visual Selector
- Weight effector
- Weight Manager and tools
- Weighting improvements
- Beat Shader
- Cloner object
- Effectors for Position, Scale, Rotation, Color, Time using Falloff, Shader, Random, Formula, Delay, C.O.F.F.E.E., Python, Inheritance, Sound, Spline, Step, Target, Time or Volume effectors
- Enhanced MoGraph Caching
- Enhanced Voronoi Fracturing (Auto Connectors only available in Studio)
- Fracture object
- Matrix object
- MoGraph Multi-shader
- MoGraph Selection tag
- MoInstance object
- MoSpline parametric spline generator with L-system functionality
- MoText object
- New Sound Effector
- PolyFX polygon fracture deformer
- Push Apart Effector
- Tracer object
- Weight Map and Weight Paintbrush
- Aerodynamic Forces
- Basic particle system
- Breaking Connectors
- Cloth Simulation
- Feather object
- Fur system
- Guide-based Hair system
- Hair instancing
- Hair shading system with multiple speculars, texture-defined root and tip colors, and variable transparency, thickness, length, scale, frizz, kink, density, clump, tighten, displace, bend, curl, twist, wave, straighten
- Hair styling tools: Move, Scale, Rotate, Brush, Comb, Clump, Curl, Cut, Push, Straighten, Add Guides, Mirror, Set Roots
- Joints, Springs, Motors
- Plastic & Breaking Springs
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Rigid Body Dynamics for MoGraph objects
- Soft Body Dynamics
- Spline Dynamics
- Thinking Particles
- After Effects compositing exchange with 3D data
- Apple Final Cut Pro compositing exchange
- Apple Motion compositing exchange with 3D data
- BodyPaint 3D exchange - 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage and Lightwave
- CINEWARE compatible
- CineMan Renderman-compliant bridge
- Digital Fusion compositing exchange (Windows only)
- Houdini Engine Bridge
- IGES importer
- Image formats - float with layers: PSD, TIFF, OpenEXR
- Image formats - float: HDR, DPX, RLA, RPF
- Image formats: BMP, IFF, JPG, PICT, PNG, TARGA
- Improved Media handling
- Improved Substance Engine Integration
- Nuke exchange
- Okino connection - seamless CAD file import via optional PolyTrans software (Windows only)
- Photoshop exchange
- SketchUp importer
- Support of DXF, DWG, 3DS, DAE, FBX 20xx, DEM, LWS, STL, VRML2, OBJ, COLLADA, Alembic x.x
- Video Formats: Avi, Quicktime