The Steiner 8x42 Safari Binoculars combine an ergonomic form factor with well-engineered optical features to give users an ideal device for long-range glassing in challenging light or inclement weather.
They are outfitted with a magnification and objective lens diameter favored the world over for their all-around performance and versatility, and with optical performance users expect from the Steiner brand. This performance starts with phase-corrected BAK4 roof prisms and High-Contrast anti-reflection coatings that produce bright and clear images with accurate color representation. The combination of wide exit pupil and a field of view that approaches wide-angle offer users an immersive observational experience in even in low light conditions when pupils dilate and open as it gets dark. For those who want to make detailed observations at close range, the Safari's short minimum focus distance allows viewing nearby birds, bugs, flora, and fauna to be comfortable and easy.
Their slim bridge design offers a stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism that is controlled by a slim low-profile focusing knob. Their lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis is wrapped in an oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather; and, the optical tubes are O-ring sealed to keep rain, snow, and mist out. To help minimize fatigue and eliminate vibrations and shake the Safari is tripod mountable with an optional adapter.
- Moderate 8x magnification brings subjects in close for viewing without sacrificing field of view or exit pupil
- 42mm objective lenses draw in more light than smaller models to boost low-light performance without excessive bulk
- Compact roof prism light path
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Phase-corrected prism coatings improves color rendition and contrast
- High-Contrast Optics system: Optical coatings produce bright high-contrast images with neutral natural color reproduction
- Short, 6-foot minimum focus distance enables detailed observations of bugs, birds, flowers, and other plants at close-range
- 58° apparent angle of view approaches wide-angle to provide users with an immersive observational experience
- 380-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a stable and strong platform for the focusing mechanism
- Ribbed and slip-resistant large center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate — even when wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction allows for precise compensation to individual eye prescription
- Long-life silicone twist-up eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter helps to reduce arm-fatigue during long glassing sessions or to eliminate shake and/or vibrations
- Long, 17mm eye relief helps to reduce eye strain and improve viewing comfort during long glassing sessions
- Wide, 5.25mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate as light fades
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Raised ribs on optical tubes and bridge improve grip security and slip-resistance
- O-ring sealed to be waterproof against driving rain, splashing water, and mist