Raising the imaging bar for Canon's series of advanced compact cameras once again, the PowerShot G1 X Mark III is distinguished by its larger sensor and versatile all-around imaging capabilities. A first for a PowerShot, the G1 X Mark III sports a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 7 processor to realize notable image clarity, a wide sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600, an impressive continuous shooting rate up to 9 fps, and Full HD 1080p/60 video recording. The sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which offers quick and accurate phase-detection autofocus that benefits both stills and video applications. Balancing the improved sensor design is a versatile 3x zoom lens, which covers a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range to suit working in a variety of situations. An Optical Image Stabilizer is also featured, to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
In addition to the updated sensor and processor capabilities, the G1 X Mark III also features a refined physical design complete with a built-in 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" vari-angle touchscreen for easier, more intuitive control. Dedicated dials about the camera body afford direct adjustment of shooting settings and modes, and both a pop-up flash and a hot shoe are available. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth connectivity enable wireless pairing with a mobile device for remote live view shooting and image transferring.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
3x Optical Zoom Lens and Image Stabilizer
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Integrated 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, clear eye-level means for composing imagery.
- Rear 3.0" touchscreen is also available for intuitive playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting, and its vari-angle design benefits working from high and low angles.
- When working with the electronic viewfinder, Touch and Drag AF lets you manually move the AF point selection using the rear touchscreen while keeping your eye to the finder.
- Physical controls allow for intuitive settings adjustments, and include a front dial, an exposure compensation dial, and a top mode dial, as well as dedicated rear buttons and dials.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination and a hot shoe is also featured for working with an optional external flash or other shoe-mounted accessory.
- The body has a dust- and moisture-resistant physical design to permit its use in trying environmental conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
Other Camera Features
- Shooting Modes: Smart Auto (58 scenes detected), Hybrid Auto, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual, Custom 1, Custom 2, SCN (Self-Portrait, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Panoramic Shot, Panning, Star (Star Nightscape, Star Trails, Star Time-Lapse Movie), Handheld Night Scene, Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye effect, Art Bold effect, Water Painting effect, Toy Camera effect, Miniature effect, HDR, Underwater, Fireworks), and Movie (Standard, Short Clip, Manual, Time-Lapse Movie).
- Photo Effects: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined.
- Language Support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Ukrainian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Chinese (traditional), Japanese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Farsi, Hindi, Malay, Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Hebrew.