The Formatt-Hitech 46mm Glass UV Haze 2A Filter is designed to reduce the appearance of haze in images or video recorded under daylight. This effect can be obtained when the filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with the daylight white balance setting selected.
Haze occurs in areas of the sky that affected by natural sources of dust, smoke, or water vapor, as well as by air pollution associated with urban and industrialized areas. When concentrated, dust or other particles suspended in the atmosphere can reflect and scatter ambient sunlight. When this occurs, higher-energy wavelengths within sunlight such as ultraviolet light and visible light that are apparent as violet and blue colors are more easily reflected than lower-energy wavelengths of visible light that are apparent as green, yellow, orange, and red colors. Together, the dust or other particles, along with the ultraviolet, violet, and blue light they are reflecting can obscure details within a scene while imparting an unwanted bluish cast.
The Formatt-Hitech 46mm Glass UV Haze 2A Filter can help improve the results of daylight images by absorbing ultraviolet light as well as approximately 10 to 15% of visible light that appears as blue. Additionally, 50% of visible light that appears as violet is absorbed at approximately 420 nanometers, before which it is progressively eliminated. The appearance of bluish casts that can occur while recording video or still photos under haze is reduced, helping to improve color balance throughout the frame.
This filter is constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight. When used, the Formatt-Hitech 46mm Glass UV Haze 2A Filter's 0.4 density darkens the entire image by 1.3 stops. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
- Reduces the appearance of haze in images or video recorded under daylight
- For cameras with daylight film installed, or digital camera systems with the daylight white balance setting selected
- Absorbs ultraviolet light, as well as visible violet and blue light scattered and reflected by dust or other particles suspended in the atmosphere
- Bluish casts that can occur while recording video or still photos under haze is reduced, helping to improve color balance throughout the frame
- 2.5x filter factor reduces exposure by 1.3 stops
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed
- Constructed from Schott B270 Glass for optical clarity
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight
- Knurled front edges provide a more textured grip when mounting or removing it from a lens
- 46mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Flannelette pouch included for storage and transport