The Waves 360 Ambisonics Tools Bundle includes the B360 Ambisonics Encoder plug-in, the Nx Virtual Mix Room over Headphones plug-in, and the Nx Head Tracker device for headphones.
The 360 Ambisonics Encoder plug-in offers a comprehensive set of tools for converting and mixing mono, stereo, and surround tracks to 1st-order Ambisonics B-Format, the widely-used audio format for immersive, 3D audio in 360° video and VR games. The Nx Virtual Mix Room plug-in enables you to monitor your 360° mix on any stereo headphones with the same three-dimensional depth and panoramic stereo image you would be hearing from speakers in an acoustically treated room.
The NX Head Tracker mounts on your headphones and tracks your head movements to augment the immersive 3D audio experience created by Nx technology.
Waves B360 Ambisonics Encoder Plug-In (Download)
The Waves B360 Ambisonics Encoder is a plug-in designed to convert and mix mono, stereo, and surround tracks to 1st-order Ambisonics B-Format. It encodes the entire sound image of a space (360° left and right, up and down) to deliver full-immersion, 3D surround sound for YouTube 360 and Facebook 360 videos, and VR game projects.
The B360 Ambisonics Encoder produces a four-channel encoded signal that contains all the information needed to reproduce a complete sphere of sound. The plug-in can be inserted on your entire stereo or surround (up to 7.1) mix to convert the entire file to Ambisonics B-Format. It can also be used on individual channels in your session to offer additional sound-design possibilities. In either case, the B360 gives you precise control over the mix's width, elevation, and rotation, as well as the positioning of elements inside the 3D sound field.
To help you create accurate, point-of-view reproduction of the sound sphere, the plug-in's intuitive interface features a Sound Sphere display, which represents each channel's imaging within the spherical Ambisonics soundscape as experienced from the listening position
- Delivers audio for VR and 360° videos
- Convert mono, stereo, and surround mixes into 1st-order Ambisonics B-Format
- Full spherical 360° sound field
- Insert plug-in on individual channels in your session, for precise positioning of these channels in your 360° audio mix
- Width, rotation, and elevation controls
- Insert plug-in on your entire stereo or surround mix and convert the original file into Ambisonics B-format
- Intuitive GUI and streamlined controls fit into your traditional mixing workflow
- AmbiX-compatible—includes AmbiX-to-FuMa and FuMa-to-AmbiX utility converters
- Input fader: Controls input level to the plug-in (-24 dB to +12 dB range)
- Rotation: Rotates the elements of the track together (± 180°, continuous range—width and elevation settings are maintained while rotating)
- Elevation: Moves all the elements up or down on the sound sphere (± 90° range)
- Width L-R: Controls the separation between the L and R channels (0 to 180° range)
- Width Lsr-Rsr—7.1 Component: Controls the width of the rear surround channel (0 to 180° range)
- Width Ls-Rs—Mono, Stereo, 5.0 and 5.1 Components: Controls the width of the surround channels (0 to 180° range)
- Width Lss-Rss—7.1 Only: Controls the width of the side surround channel (0 to 360° range)
- Input Meters: Displays the the input signal level of each channel
- Output Meters: Display the Ambisonics B-Format output stream—W, X, Y, Z channels
- Sound Sphere: Displays the channel’s imaging within the spherical Ambisonics soundscape as experienced from the listening position
Waves Nx - Virtual Mix Room Over Headphones Plug-In (Native Download)
Nx from Waves is a virtual monitoring plug-in that simulates the ideal acoustics of a high-end mix room inside headphones, allowing the user to hear the same natural depth, reflections, and panoramic stereo image as if listening to speakers in an actual professional mix room. This provides a more reliable mixing and monitoring tool, and by delivering the natural listening experience of a physical room, the software also makes the headphone experience more comfortable and ear-friendly over long periods of time. Additionally mixing for 5.1 or 5.0 surround on regular stereo headphones is possible. And real-time head tracking, taking advantage of the computer's camera, provides enhanced realism of being in the virtual mix room.
Waves Nx Head Tracker for Headphones
The Nx Head Tracker for Headphones from Waves is a small Bluetooth device that latches on to your headphones and tracks your head movements in 360° to augment the 3D audio experience. It can be used to experience music, movies, and games, in 3D audio on several devices such as computers, tablets, or mobile devices using any set of headphones.
Use the Nx Head Tracker with the Nx 3d audio app or the Virtual Mix Room plug-in. It requires a standard AAA battery and provides approximately 40 hours of power. It will go to sleep automatically after a short while if it's not connected or not moving. Bluetooth 4.0 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) is also required.