Developed in collaboration with Digital Audio Denmark (DAD), the Avid Technologies Pro Tools | MTRX is a modular audio interface with pristine sound quality, flexible monitoring options, and extensive routing capabilities for Pro Tools | HDX and HD Native. Used as a standalone or with Avid Pro Mixing surfaces, this all-in-one device expands your workflow possibilities to meet the most demanding music and post-production challenges, in the studio or live sound situations.
The Pro Tools | MTRX base unit comes with a two-port, 64-channel DigiLink Mini I/O interface to connect with your Pro Tools system, 64 channels of coaxial MADI, and 16 channels of AES/EBU. It can be customized with a wide variety of optional I/O and interface cards (available separately), allowing you to mix and match whatever mic, line, MADI, Dante, AES3, SDI, and other I/O you need for the job at hand.
The DAD converters provide detailed and transparent AD/DA conversion, capturing audio with sample rates up to 384 kHz/DSD, and providing mastering-grade conversion for monitoring. The included DADman software lets you route any input to any output, and quickly patch audio across your entire studio with a matrix capacity of up to 1500 x 1500 cross points.
The MTRX is equipped with the Pro | Mon 2 monitoring control that enables you to configure your monitor section as you need it, with multiple speaker sets. Once you've dialed in your configuration for monitoring, you can take full remote control of all sources, monitors, and speaker sets via the Pro Tools | S6 console, other EUCON-enabled control surfaces (including an iPad), or the DADman software, whether mixing in mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1, or even a 64-channel immersive audio mix.
- Versatile audio interface available for Pro Tools | HD offers pristine sound with extensive monitoring and routing capabilities
- Digital Audio Denmark’s (DAD’s) AD and DA converters
- Two-port, 64-channel DigiLink Mini I/O interface to connect with your Pro Tools system
- AES/EBU I/O—8 x AES pairs (16 mono) via two D25 connectors
- MADI I/O—coaxial interface with 64 I/O channels via BNC connectors
- High-resolution audio capture and playback—up to 384 kHz DSD
- Low-latency router can manage up to 1500 inputs and 1500 outputs simultaneously
- Route any input channel to any output channel or to multiple output channels simultaneously, providing a flexible interface to Pro Tools | HD or to multiple DAWs simultaneously
- Customize the interface for your needs, whether you want 48 analog channels, 64 digital, or anything in between
- 8 x option card slots for I/O customization
- Choose from a wide variety of optional I/O cards, including mic pres, Dante, AES3, and 3G-SDI to connect with the widest array of gear, devices, and environments
- Use as a 64-channel interface to ProTools | HD or standalone
- Gain flexible routing and monitoring control with the included EUCON-enabled DADman software and Pro | Mon 2 monitoring control
- Use one interface for multiple applications including music recording, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 surround, Dolby Atmos, live sound, multi Pro Tools post workflows, monitor control, and more
- Remotely control up to 48 mic preamps per interface from both DADman and Pro Tools | S6 console
- Configure your monitor section as needed, with multiple speaker sets
- Build custom fold-down templates to instantly switch between monitor formats
- Sum stems and sources to feed monitor outputs using Pro | Mon 2 as a 256 x 32 summing mixer
- Provides high-precision internal clocking interfaces, enabling you to sync all your audio devices and signals through Word Clock, AES11, video black burst (VBB), and all digital I/O
- Open a dialog between your control room and live room participants with built-in talkback capabilities
- Get a quick glimpse into your signal status and session activity on the front panel display
- 3 x MADI ports on the chassis
- Dual power supplies
- 2 RU rackmountable unit