Full-Frame Stabilized Standard Zoom
Designed for versatility, the FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens from Sony is a wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom designed to be an ideal one-lens solution for everyday shooting. The flexible focal length range pairs with a bright constant maximum aperture, impressive optics, and intuitive handling to make it a suitable option for walk-around shooting, street subjects, travel, and event photography.
G Lens Series
- Four aspherical elements are featured in the optical design, including two Advanced Aspherical elements, and noticeably reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for improved sharpness and clarity.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are also used to minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Portable design weighs around 1.5 lb, making this a versatile choice for everyday shooting.
Image Stabilization, AF, and Handling
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- Direct Drive Super Sonic wave AF motor and internal focus mechanism provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contribute to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.25' results in a maximum magnification of 0.31x, making this lens a suitable choice for close-up subjects.
- A focus hold button and AF/MF switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.