Designed to turn your X32 into a 32-track recording console without the need for a computer, the Behringer X-LIVE 32-Channel SD Recording/Playback & USB Expansion Card for X32 Mixing Console combines the functionality of the X-USB USB audio/MIDI interface card—standard in X32 consoles for years— with fully independent recording and playback on dual SD/SDHC cards. It provides over 3 hours of uncompressed, 32-channel WAV files, for multi-channel recording without a laptop, virtual sound checks, or live backing track support.
X-LIVE uses standard uncompressed 32-bit PCM format multi-channel WAV files for optimal read/write performance on a wide variety of SD/SDHC cards. If needed, the multi-channel WAV files can be imported directly into most popular DAWs for post-production applications.
The USB and SD interfaces can operate simultaneously or independently. This enables you to play back your recorded session from an SD card, and at the same time record tracks into your DAW via USB. You may also record using both USB and SD interfaces simultaneously for redundancy.
Markers can be set on the fly for identifying song positions while recording or playing back. X-Live controls are assignable to X32 user buttons, turning the console into a live playback machine for delivering dynamic content to theatrical events, without the need for hardware samplers or software running on dedicated computers.
To cue up and initiate backing tracks, start or stop recording/playback, and more, functionality and transport controls can be remotely accessed via Windows, Android, or iPad apps, or compatible hardware control surfaces such as the Behringer X-TOUCH.
- 32-channel live recording and playback on dual SD/SDHC cards
- Over 3 hours of 48 kHz / 32-bit PCM recording of 32 channels in one session, stored as uncompressed WAV files
- 32-channel, bidirectional USB 2.0 audio / MIDI interface for studio and live recording
- Independent operation of SD cards and USB recording/playback
- Remote control via Windows, Android, or iPad apps, and assignable controls or compatible hardware control surfaces such as the Behringer X-TOUCH
- Dual SD card slots to keep virtual sound check and live performance files separately available, or for extended recording time
- Unique sample-synchronized automatic spanning feature allows extending a session across both SD cards for more than 12 hours of 8-track recording time non-stop
- Instantaneous live playback with pre-loads and markers in the console UI and remote apps
- Markers can be set on the fly for identifying song positions while recording or playing back
- All markers can be edited directly in the console GUI
- Compatible with Windows plug-ins for outboard effects processing via USB
- Channel routing can be stored and automated for record/playback
- Secure file handling in the event of power blackout—CR123A lithium cell required (available separately)
- HUI/Mackie Control emulation for controlling compatible DAW software from the console surface
- Designed and engineered in Germany