Combining a precision optic with a full-featured GoTo mount, plus a suite of useful accessories, the iOptron Photron 150mm f/9 Ritchey-Chrétien Catadioptric GoTo EQ Telescope (RCT) is a complete system ideally suited to visual observation or astrophotography. Mounting the superior optics of the RCT on a fully motorized equatorial mount allows users to accurately track objects for long periods of time without the field rotation that happens when using alt-azimuth mounts. Without the field rotation, long exposure times of several minutes can be used without star streaking or blurring. Added to the optical tube assembly, mount, and sturdy tripod, iOptron includes a precision electronic focuser, an eyepiece and diagonal, and a finderscope and bracket.
iOptron Photron 150mm f/9 Ritchey-Chrétien Catadioptric Telescope (OTA Only)
Utilizing the same hyperbolic primary and secondary mirror design used in the Hubble Space Telescope, the Keck telescopes, and the ESO Very Large Telescope, the iOptron Photron 150mm f/9 Ritchey-Chrétien Catadioptric Telescope (RCT) is ideally suited for both stargazing and astrophotography. Its relatively compact size allows it to be used on smaller mounts while delivering views that are free from off-axis comas and spherical and chromatic aberrations. The low thermal-expansion quartz primary and secondary mirrors are treated with highly reflective dielectric coatings that, when combined with internal knife-edge baffles, limit distortion as the mirrors heat while limiting stray internal light and maximizing light transmission. All this translates to bright and sharp high-contrast images with accurate color fidelity across the entire distortion-free field of view.
Unlike other catadioptric designs, this RCT has a fixed primary mirror to eliminate the image shift that is common with conventional configurations that move the mirror forward and back to focus the image. With the primary mirror fixed in place, iOptron installed a precise two-speed Crayford-style focuser with a 10:1 reducer that allows for fast coarse and precise fine focusing without the backlash that occurs in the more common rack-and-pinion design—essential for astrophotography or splitting objects that are close together, like binary stars. To ensure complete coverage of today's imaging sensors, the focuser has a 2" drawtube and comes with three extension rings to help users achieve the proper back-focus distance. The larger drawtube also allows the use of large eyepieces, which generally have longer eye reliefs to make visual observations much more comfortable, and comes with a 1.25" reducer to enable the smaller and more common-sized eyepieces and accessories to be easily used.
Intended for those who have a reliable support system, iOptron offers the RCT here as an optical tube assembly (OTA)-only option. A long Vixen-style dovetail plate is factory installed to make it compatible with a wide variety of alt-azimuth, equatorial, and GoTo mounts that can carry a minimum payload of at least 12 pounds.
Optical Tube Assembly
- 150mm (5.9") clear aperture provides performance while keeping the OTA portable; 67mm secondary mirror
- 1370mm focal length provides a moderate magnification potential and focal ratio for astrophotography
- Moderate f/9 focal ratio allows for shorter exposure times for imaging than slower OTAs
- Ritchey-Chrétien catadioptric design delivers views free from off-axis comas and spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Low thermal-expansion quartz primary and secondary mirrors limit distortion as the mirrors heat
- Highly reflective dielectric mirror coatings transmit more than 99% of incoming light to ensure bright and clear images
- 10 internal knife-edge baffles diminish stray light, improving contrast for visual and imaging applications
- Fixed-position primary mirror eliminates image shift common in other catadioptric designs
- Resolution: 0.76 arcsec
- 10:1 dual-speed linear-bearing Crayford focuser allows for fast coarse and precise fine focus without backlash for tack-sharp focusing; with tension-adjustment knob and drawtube lock knob
- Large 2" drawtube ensures complete coverage of imaging sensors to eliminate or limit vignetting and allows the use of larger eyepieces to make viewing easier and more comfortable; with etched scale in inches and millimeters for precise repeatability
- Factory-installed mounting plate for user-supplied finder
- OTA only—mount and tripod required for proper use
- Long Vixen-style dovetail plate is compatible with the most popular-sized saddles on alt-az, equatorial, and GoTo mounts
- Weight: 12 pounds
- 2"-to-1.25" reducer allows the use of the smaller, more common-sized accessories and eyepieces in the larger focuser drawtube
- Three focuser rings allow for increased back-focus distance to ensure the focal plane properly lands on imaging sensors or specialized visual equipment
- Rings can be used one at a time or stacked as needed
- Simple screw-together design requires no tools or permanent modification
- Includes two (2) 1" tubes and one (1) 2" tube
iOptron CEM25P Equatorial GoTo Mount (2" Tripod)
With improved tracking accuracy thanks to its new low periodic error of less than ±10 arcsec, and larger gear switches on both axes to make access and adjustments easier, the iOptron CEM25P Equatorial GoTo Mount makes an ideal mount for most astronomy and astrophotography needs.
It includes the motorized mount, the Go2Nova 8408 computer hand controller, a tripod upgrade to a sturdier 2" model, and the AccuAlign illuminated polar scope. Its built-in 32-channel GPS receiver transmits accurate date, location, and time to the hand controller, so when you change your position, the telescope can be set up quickly with accurate information. For precise tracking, as required during long-exposure astrophotography or observation sessions, the CEM25P has the capability for you to program out the Periodic Error Correction (PEC) common to all worm gears. With a maximum payload capacity of up to 27 lb, this mount is ideal for most medium-to-large refractor, reflector, or catadioptric optical tube assemblies (OTAs) with Vixen-style dovetail plates, while still being able to handle imaging rigs.
The stepper motor is controlled by the Go2Nova hand controller. This system has an internal database of 150,000+ celestial objects, multiple alignment assistance procedures, and updatable firmware through the built-in serial port. With nine slew speeds and automatic tracking capabilities, finding and keeping objects centered in the field of view is easy whether you're viewing the fast-moving Moon or much slower deep-space subjects.
- German equatorial design for smoother and more accurate tracking
- Center-balanced "Z" design: Weight is placed over the center of gravity for greater stability, smoother movement, and quieter running
- 27 lb payload capacity, excluding included counterweight
- 0-60° latitude; ±10° azimuth adjustment range
- Built-in 32-channel GPS receiver for accurate day, date, time, and location information
- Spring-loaded Vixen-style dovetail saddle
- Adjustable polar alignment even during tracking
- Retractable counterweight bar prevents obstruction by the tripod; 20mm diameter accepts any compatible weights
- Includes 10.4 lb counterweight
- Integrated bubble level
- Works in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
Motors and Gears
- Improved periodic error over previous model, reduced to less than ±10 arcsec
- 1.8° stepper motor with 128x microdivision
- 88mm, 144-tooth aluminum right ascension (RA) and declination (dec) worm wheels
- Brass worm gears
- 55mm RA and dec ball bearings provide smooth movement with minimal vibration
- 35mm steel RA and dec axis shafts
- Synchronous belt transmission improves tracking accuracy, with reduced vibration, especially with heavy loads
- RA and dec gear switches release the gears for balancing OTA
- Gear tension adjustment eliminates play in gears
- Resolution: 0.17 arcsec
- Low-power consumption: 0.35A (tracking), 0.6A (using GoTo)
- Runs on included 110-240 VAC power adapter
Go2Nova 8408 Hand Controller
- 150,000+ object database
- Alignment procedures: Pole-star, One-star, Two-star, Three-star, Polar, Solar system
- Slew speeds: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x, 256x, 512x, 6°/sec (Max); Quiet mode
- Real-time Periodic Error Correction (PEC) eliminates tracking errors for long-exposure astrophotography
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, King's, user-defined from 0.99x to 1.01x of Sidereal
- Track Below Horizon option allows mount to track objects below the horizon that are still visible, such as when observing from a hill or rooftop/balcony
- Computer control with planetarium software via integrated autoguiding port
- Adjustable key and display brightness
- Control for optional electronic focuser
- Control optional illuminated polar scope light intensity
- Fully compatible with mount's integrated GPS module to automatically determine day, date, time, location
- 4-line/21-character LCD screen; backlit 18-button user interface
- Database details:
- Solar system: 9 objects, including the Sun, Moon, and planets
- Named objects: 60 deep-sky objects with their common names
- Messier catalog: 110 objects
- NGC catalog: 7840 objects
- IC catalog: 5386 objects
- UGC catalog: 12,921 objects
- Caldwell catalog: 109 objects
- Abell catalog: 4076 objects
- Herschel catalog: 400 objects
- Named stars: 259 stars with their common names
- Double/multi stars: 208 binary stars
- Hipparcos catalog: 120,404 stars
- 88 modern constellations with their names
- 15 comets
- 116 asteroids
- 60 user-defined objects, including comets
AccuAlign Polar Scope
- For accurate and fast polar alignment
- Dark-field illuminated dial
- Red LED illumination
- Polar scope is not blocked by the dec shaft, allowing for re-alignment while mount is running
- 2" stainless steel, two leg sections
- Adjustable height of 30-52"
- Accessory tray with a locking leg spreader
- Spiked feet for greater stability on uneven ground
- Weight: 17.1 lb
iOptron Electric eFocuser for Photron Ritchey-Chrétien Telescopes
Eliminate vibrations and achieve finer and more precise focusing on your 6, 8, or 10" Photron Ritchey-ChrÃ©tien telescope with iOptron's Electric eFocuser. Once installed on the OTA, the unit plugs into the auxiliary port on compatible mounts for power, and allows it to be controlled using the Go2Nova computer hand controller running the current firmware version. A precise stepper motor with a synchronous drive belt delivers three speeds — low, medium, high — without vibration or noise. While the eFocuser is primarily designed for the iOptron Photron Ritchey-ChrÃ©tien series telescopes, it will also fit other RC scopes such as GSO, OPT's TPO, Astronomics' Astro-Tech, and Orion; it may work with other RC scopes that use the similar dual-speed focuser.
Using an electric focuser eliminates the need to touch knobs which cause vibration and allows a level of precision that hand-focusing is usually unable to achieve. The eFocuser also locks the position when the control button is released to eliminate backlash — a valuable function for astrophotography or when trying to resolve dim or close objects like binary stars or cluster
- iEQ30 Pro
- iEQ45 Pro
- May work with other OTAs that use a similar dual-speed focuser
- May require update to the most current hand controller firmware
iOptron 52° 25mm Plossl Eyepiece (1.25")
The iOptron 52° 25mm Plossl Eyepiece is designed for comfortable near and deep-space astronomical observation. The relatively long focal length will produce a moderate magnification on most OTAs, making it a versatile addition to any astronomer's kit.
It is engineered with anti-reflective fully multi-coated optical surfaces to ensure bright and clear high-contrast images with true color transmission across the entire 52° field of view. With a 1.25" diameter barrel, it will fit the most common size drawtubes, visual backs, and accessories. The housing has a textured collar for safe handling in the cold, and a fold-down eyecup makes this eyepiece comfortable when viewing for extended periods with or without eyewear.
iOptron 90° Dielectric Star Diagonal (1.25")
Use the iOptron 90° Dielectric Star Diagonal to place your head in a comfortable viewing position when your refractor or catadioptric optical tube assembly (OTA) is aimed at or near the zenith. Built with a dielectric hard-coated BK-7 glass mirror, the diagonal transmits more than 99% of the incoming light to ensure clear and bright high-contrast images while maintaining maximum resolution.
Designed to be lightweight and durable, the diagonal features an aluminum housing with a black anodized finish. The 1.25" barrel and eyepiece holder makes it compatible with the most popular size focusers, drawtubes, and accessories; and the brass compression ring in the eyepiece holder ensures your eyepieces won't get marked or marred when locked into place. An internal integrated safety stop in the eyepiece holder protects the mirror and ensures a long life.
iOptron 6x30mm Finderscope with Bracket (Red)
With a wide field of view and low-profile aperture, the iOptron 6x30mm Finderscope is an ideal finder for star-hopping navigation that won't add excessive weight or bulk to your OTA. It comes with its own bracket that is outfitted with a dovetail mount for compatibility with a wide array of finder saddles, and three thumbscrews that enable precise alignment with the OTA.