Designed as a versatile and useful tool, the Underwater Kinetics black on black Fusilier Hydralloy Dive Knife is full-featured enough to be your primary, but small enough to be an optimal emergency or backup knife.
The relatively short 3.7" blade is made using their proprietary Hydralloy stainless-steel alloy that is optimized for strength, hardness, and edge-retention; with a 50 Rockwell hardness. It is configured with dual edges — one straight edge for general slicing and cutting jobs, and another fully-serrated edge that is useful for cutting large-diameter ropes or lines. The tip is blunted for prying without bending or snapping, and one edge features a cutting hook for smaller lines and twine.
Its slip-resistant resin handle won't get slippery or slick when wet to ensure a secure grip; and it disassembles to completely expose the full tang and interior for the thorough cleaning of salt deposits, which can cause unsightly staining. The included sheath securely locks the knife in place while still allowing an easy one-handed draw with a simple press of one of the release buttons. It can be attached to the user's ankle or leg using the two included quick-release straps, or mounted on buoyancy compensator grommets via the two grommet screws that are also included.
- Proprietary Hydralloy steel: Optimized for sharpness, corrosion-resistance, and pry-strength; combining the strength of 420 stainless steel, and exceeding the corrosion-resistance of 316 stainless steel; 50 Rockwell hardness
- Full straight-edge for slicing and general cutting tasks
- Fully-serrated blade type for cutting through large-diameter rope, line, and fishing line
- Line cutter hook for fast and easy line cutting
- Blunt-tip style, ideal for prying
- Short 3.7" length makes it ideal as a backup or emergency knife
- Resin material will not become slippery or slick when wet, ensuring a more safe and secure grip with better blade control
- Black with matching black inset
- Broad finger guard ad deep fore-finger choil prevents hand from slipping forward accidentally onto the blade
- Disassembles completely, exposing the full tang and inside for thorough cleaning to avoid staining and buildup of salt deposits
- Disassembles and reassembles without tools for easier care and maintenance
- Hard molded corrosion-resistant plastic
- Dual rubber-coated quick-release buttons enables secure ambidextrous one-handed draw, and easy insertion
- Attach to buoyancy compensator mounting grommets using the two included grommet screws; 3.85" (98mm) distance between holes
- Includes two quick-release ankle/leg straps