The M-Audio Uber Mic is a three-capsule, large-diaphragm desktop USB microphone designed to capture vocals and instruments for music, podcast, broadcasting, conferencing, and gaming applications. It offers a choice of four switchable polar patterns including cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, and stereo, which enable you to choose the perfect setting for just about any recording scenario.
The Uber Mic features A/D converters that capture the nuances and subtleties of your performance in 16-bit/48 kHz digital audio and with a 30 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response. The microphone incorporates monitoring features such as a built-in headphone jack with volume control. A USB/direct mixing control enables zero-latency recording and monitoring, and blends the microphone's input with the pre-recorded audio from your DAW. The high-output internal headphone amplifier delivers clear sound with enough level to create ample volume.
The included microphone stand extender with 5/8"-27 thread allows you to mount the mic on a microphone stand for precise placement in front of your sound source. The Uber Mic is compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, and iOS using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (available separately). The unit ships with a mini-USB cable.
- Large-diaphragm, 3-capsule USB condenser microphone for desktop recording
- Record vocals and instruments for music, podcast, broadcasting, conferencing, and gaming applications
- Easy and intuitive operation
- 1/8" headphone jack and internal headphone amplifier
- USB/direct mixing control with mic volume control enables zero-latency recording and monitoring
- Microphone mute control
- LCD display shows polar pattern and currently selected control level
- Integrated stand fits easily into any setup
- Includes microphone stand extender with 5/8"-27 thread for optional stand mounting
- Powered via mini-USB
- Compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, and iOS using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (available separately)
- Includes mini-USB cable
- A/D converters provide 16-bit resolution digital audio
- Sample rates of up to 48 kHz
- 30 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
Switchable Polar Patterns
- Cardioid—a directional pattern, perfect for capturing singular sound sources while eliminating unwanted room reflections and background noise
- Omnidirectional—equal output/sensitivity at all angles captures your sound sources from all directions, perfect for adding some ambience to your recordings or recording a group of sound sources
- Figure 8—equal output/sensitivity on two sides of the microphone, ideal for capturing two independent sound sources simultaneously
- Stereo—picks up from the left and right side of the microphone, producing a true stereo image