This B&H Kit combines the QSC K8.2 K.2 Series 8" 2000W Powered Speaker with a heavy-duty Nylon speaker bag to provide the primary components of a portable PA system while offering protection from on-the-road wear and tear.
QSC K8.2 Two-Way 8" 2000W Powered Portable PA Speaker with DSP Processor
The 8" QSC K8.2 is a 2000W powered PA speaker that’s portable, versatile, and simple to use. It can function as a main PA in a wide variety of positions, with a pair able to cover an audience up to 250. The onboard DSP processing, 3-input mixer, and LCD interface with easy-to-use presets help working presenters, musicians, instructors, performers, and A/V providers get powerful, clean, and clear sound quickly.
The speaker provides 105° coverage from the center axis and 122 dB of continuous SPL—plenty of volume for smaller venues including houses of worship, conference centers, performance spaces, and meeting rooms. The highly efficient 2000W Class-D amplifier powers the 1.4" titanium compression driver and 8” woofer, providing crisp, detailed sound with a wide frequency range from 20 kHz down to 59 Hz.
At 27 lbs and featuring an integrated handle, the K8.2 is the most portable option in the K.2 lineup, at the expense of the additional volume and low-end range that the larger and heavier 10” and 12” models can deliver.
Three inputs are on the back. Inputs A and B feature combo XLR-1/4" connectors. Input A offers a Microphone input or a Line input—convenient if you’re using a mixer to combine multiple input sources. Input B offers a Mic/Hi-Z selection, with the Hi-Z input designed for guitars. Input C features a stereo 3.5mm TRS auxiliary input for connecting portable audio devices including phones and MP3 players.
Individual gain controls on the inputs allow the speaker to function as a 3-channel mixer. Combine two microphones for presentations, or combine a mic, instrument, and backing tracks for singer/songwriter gigs. All the PA speakers in the K.2 Series can also be used as floor monitors, giving them added versatility.
Inputs A and B also feature XLR Thru-Outputs for daisy-chaining to additional speakers or other audio equipment. All three mono inputs are mixed to a mono signal internally and are passed-thru the Mix Out XLR connector. For a true stereo L/R operation, two K8.2s are needed with each to receive independent the left and right signals respectively.
QSC's Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) matches the angle of the woofer and the horn to ensure consistent, high-quality sound across the entire coverage area. The Intrinsic Correction techniques ensure a smooth power response, resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ. The K8.2 includes a power cord.
DSP Control with Presets and Scenes for Quick & Easy Setup
Presets: Select from an extensive list of factory presets for your application
- DEFAULT: The basic voicing of the loudspeaker
- LIVE: For live sound reinforcement and vocal clarity
- LIVE BRIGHT: Similar to LIVE with some high-frequency boost to balance the sub
- DANCE: Low- and high-frequency emphasis
- STAGE MONITOR 1: For most stage monitor uses, reduces excessive bass build-up on stage
- STAGE MONITOR 2: For stage monitor use when low-frequency reproduction is needed
- AC GUIT / VOX: For acoustic guitars and VOX
- BASS AMP: For direct connection of bass instruments
- HAND MIC: For speech intelligibility and feedback reduction using a handheld microphone
- HEAD MIC: For speech intelligibility and feedback reduction using a head microphone
- STUDIO MON: For use as a recording monitor
SUB Menu: Select a setting to match with a subwoofer
- NO SUB: For use without a subwoofer
- 80 Hz KS: Applies an 80 Hz High-Pass Filter (HPF)
- 100 Hz K – KW – KLA: Applies a 100 Hz High-Pass Filter (HPF) (for use with a K-SUB, KW Sub, or KLA Sub)
- 125 Hz: Applies a 125 Hz High-Pass Filter (HPF)
Scenes: Savable and recallable Scenes can store information like user EQ, Delay, and input configuration settings
- EQ: Adjust the 4-band, parametric equalizer
- High-Shelving Band: 1 to 10 kHz (0 dB to -6 dB)
- EQ1: 50 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB to -6 dB, 0.4 to 4 Q)
- EQ2: 200 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB to -6 dB, 0.4 to 4 Q)
- Low-Shelving Band: 100 to 500 Hz (0 dB to -6 dB)
- DELAY: Adjust the signal delay for rear fill and similar applications
- 0 to 100 ms, 0 to 113' (all units of measure change together when the Selection knob is turned)
Powerful Sound That's Detailed & Clear
- 2000W (peak) of detailed sound for small venues, conferences, and events.
- Designed with very low-noise fan cooling, can be used in settings where background noise must be kept to a minimum.
- Subtle, sophisticated dynamics processing protects the drivers from damage and the performance from distortion
Versatile: Use as a Main PA or Floor Monitor
- Suspended from above
- Placed on a tripod stand
- Placed on a pole mount on top of a subwoofer
- Use on its side
- Use vertically
- Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening area
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications
- Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- 6-year warranty with product registration
QSC K8 TOTE Soft Tote Bag
The QSC K8 TOTE Soft Tote Bag (Black) is a weather-resistant, heavy-duty Cordura nylon bag designed to carry and protect a K8 active loudspeaker. It has a pocket in front for wires and cables. The tote is carried by 2 strap handles with an overlapping grip.
- Weather-resistant, heavy-duty Cordura nylon
- Padded interior
- Zipper closure