The American DJ Mega Hex Par is a low-profile RGBAW+UV (red, green, blue, amber, white + ultraviolet) LED PAR fixture designed to produce a wide variety of bright color washes with smooth color mixing. Equipped with five 6W (6-in-1) Hex LEDs that have a beam angle of 25°, it can be used to create: wide washes of amber-infused white light at varying color temperatures, vibrant colors such as hot pinks, lime greens, and electric blues, or the classic UV glow for venue uplighting and heat-free illumination to stage performers.
Featuring a sit-flat profile with convenient side-positioned power and DMX in/out sockets, the Mega Hex Par can sit directly on the ground or inside a truss without the scissor yoke, which is ideal for architectural wall washing. At only 2.7 lb, the lightweight and compact design allows for multiple units to be cased together for convenient transport and storage.
Easy to operate and packed with creative options, the Mega Hex Par offers a standalone mode with automated programs such as Sound-Active, RGBAW+UV Dimmer, Auto Run, and Static Color. Effects include color strobing and 0-100% electronic dimming. For full remote control of all features, the unit can also be operated using the DMX mode with a choice of five channel options. The Master/Slave configuration lets you link multiple fixtures for synchronized color chases.
Other features include flicker-free operation (for video applications) and an auto-sensing power supply. You can also daisy-chain power for up to 20 units at 120V or 36 units at 230V. The Mega Hex Par is wirelessly controllable with the included UC IR remote via the myDMX software or with the Airstream DMX Bridge app (both available separately) using the included Airstream IR app transmitter.
The fixture ships with a scissor yoke that can be used to create a variable-angle floor stand for conventional mounting to a truss or lighting stand.
- Compact, low-profile PAR designed for uplighting and stage washes
- Proprietary sit-flat design with DMX and IEC AC in/out connectors on the side, for positioning the fixture flat on the ground or recessed inside a truss
- 5 x 6W, 6-in-1 RGBAW+UV (red, green, blue, amber, white + ultraviolet) LEDs offers smooth color mixing—fast or slow color change operation
- Create a classic UV glow effect as well as exciting UV-infused colors—hot pinks, lime greens, electric blues
- Amber and white LED elements generate white light at varying color temperatures
- Variable color strobe effect
- 0-100% electronic dimming with five dimmer curves (Standard, Stage, TV, Architectural, Theater)
- 25° beam angle
- Flicker-free light for use with video applications
- Standalone or Master/Slave configurations
- Daisy-chain power for up to 20 units at 120V and 36 units at 240V
- Digital DMX display with 4-button menu for easy navigation
- Included scissor yoke to hang fixture on a truss, mount on a wall, or set on the ground
- Multi-voltage operation: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, auto-sensing
- DMX Mode: enables you to control the fixture's traits with a standard DMX512 controller—6, 7, 8, 11, or 12 channel modes
- RGBAW+UV Dimmer Mode: choose one of the six colors to remain static or adjust the intensity of each color to create your own color
- Sound-Active Mode: the unit reacts to the beat of the music, chasing through the built-in programs—16 sound active modes
- Auto Run Mode: 16 x color fade modes, 16 x color change modes, and 1 x combination mode
- Static Color Mode: 63 built-in color macros
- Wirelessly control Black Out, Full On, Strobe, Dimming, Sound Active, and Color Change functions
- Includes UC IR wireless remote
- Includes Airstream IR app transmitter used to control the fixture via the myDMX software or the Airstream DMX Bridge app (both available separately) running on an iPhone or iPad