The Rode RODELink 2-Person Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Combo Microphone System Kit from B&H provides a complete audio solution for recording hands-free interviews and dialog with two people using lav mics, or for man-on-the-street-style interviews using a single handheld mic.
The kit features two lavalier microphones with foam windscreens, two RX-CAM wireless receivers, two TX-BELT wireless transmitters, a TX-XLR plug-on transmitter, a Senal ENG-18RL omnidirectional dynamic microphone (long), and a Kopul CMX-1-V2 two-channel mini mixer. The mixer allows you to record two mics to a single camera. Additional accessories include an Auray universal plug-on transmitter holder, a Vello triple-shoe bracket, camera connection cables, and a custom SKB iSeries 3i-1209-4-BH3 waterproof case to store and transport the system.
Rode RODELink Filmmaker Kit Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System (2.4 GHz)
The Rode RODELink Filmmaker Kit brings vloggers, DIY videographers, and content creators a cost-effective digital wireless microphone system with simple, plug-and-record operation, clean and reliable sound, and extended battery life.
The kit features an omnidirectional lavalier microphone for hands-free speech and dialog, along with a bodypack transmitter, and a camera-mount receiver. It operates anywhere in the world in the 2.4 GHz spectrum—well away from potential TV and radio interference.
For ease of use, the transmitter and receiver are paired at the factory. Just power up and you're good to go. The system plugs into your DSLR or mirrorless camera, allowing you to capture audio for projects ranging from YouTube vlogs and wedding videos to corporate spots and interviews.
The Filmmaker Kit boasts a remarkable battery life, routinely operating for over 30 hours (and up to 50 hours in ideal environments) on two AA batteries. Up to eight systems can operate on set.
Transmitter with Lavalier Mic
- Made of lightweight plastic, the bodypack transmitter clips to the talent’s waist and features a locking 3.5mm connection for the lavalier, ensuring the mic doesn’t detach while in use.
- A 3-stage gain adjustment lets you set the input to accommodate mic levels ranging from a soft whisper to loud speech.
- The transmitter features a single mute/mute lock/power button and a status-indicator LED—displaying battery life, and mute status.
Receiver with OLED Display
- The equally lightweight (at 6.7 oz) receiver also features easy, one-button operation for basic controls, and a detachable shoemount with a rounded base that lets you conveniently angle the unit on top of your camera.
- The included cable connects the receiver's output to the 3.5mm audio input of any DSLR or mirrorless camera. Alternatively, the VXLR 3.5mm to XLR adapter (available separately) allows you plug your system into the XLR input of a camcorder or recording device.
- The receiver features a high-output level with three-stage gain adjustment, which lets you turn down the camera gain for cleaner recordings with less hiss.
- Conveniently, the receiver’s OLED display shows critical information for the receiver as well as the transmitter, including battery status, signal level, mute status, and channel selection for both units.
Simple and Flexible Operation
- The transmitter and the receiver arrive pre-paired, and automatically seek out a clean frequency when you turn them on—saving you the hassle of scanning and syncing before a shoot.
- The system uses an intuitive, single-button interface for frequently used basic functions including power, muting, and the mute lock function (which prevents the talent from muting the mic).
- The mute-lock function on the transmitter can be wirelessly activated from the receiver.
- Additional buttons offer more advanced controls—without elaborate menu diving—over audio levels, additional pairing, and channel selection (if you’re using multiple systems).
Clean and Reliable Sound
- RODELink employs Series II 2.4 GHz digital transmission, which constantly monitors and hops between frequencies to maintain a clean transmission, at a range of up to 330’.
- To ensure clear communication, the system sends the audio on two separate frequencies (frequency diversity) and uses the cleanest signal.
- The system transmits a strong signal at the selected frequency to overcome interference even in busy 2.4 GHz (Wi-Fi) environments. For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
- To deliver high-quality wireless audio, the system offers a resolution of 24-bit / 44.1 kHz, a wide frequency response of 35 Hz to 22 kHz, and an impressive dynamic range of 112 dB.
- Note: Each RODELink system creates a wireless peer-to-peer connection allowing the transmitter and the receiver to operate as a pair. This means that the transmitter can transmit audio to only one receiver at a time. Conversely, the receiver can only receive audio from one transmitter at a time.
- The transmitter’s belt clip and receiver’s shoemount adapters can be swapped, allowing either component to be belt clipped, mounted on cameras and tripods, or used in an audio bag
- While in operation, the system can be powered via USB with a wall power source or a portable battery
- 4 ms maximum latency
- 128-bit encryption for security
- Both the transmitter and receiver run on two AA batteries
- For added flexibility, the compatible TX-XLR plug-on transmitter (available separately) lets you turn any handheld or shotgun mic into a wireless microphone for man-on-street interviews or wireless booming
- Designed and made in Australia
Rode TX-XLR Wireless Transmitter
The TX-XLR from Rode is a wireless XLR transmitter for the RodeLink digital wireless system (available separately). It can be used to provide one-touch sync with your wireless system, is capable of supplying 48V of phantom power for microphones through its XLR input, and plug-in power through its TRS input.
The TX-XLR sports an OLED panel, as well as an XLR input with a locking collar and a 3.5mm TRS locking input jack. This allows you to use various input configurations; though the TX-XLR can switch between its XLR and TRS inputs, you cannot use both at the same time. Whichever input you choose, you can power the unit with two AA batteries, a Sony NP-F battery, or even continuously via a micro-USB connection. While the unit will run up 7 hours, please note that activating phantom power will reduce the usable running time, depending on the power source you're using. The unit comes with a built-in internal antenna.
Senal ENG-18RL Broadcast Omnidirectional Dynamic Microphone (Long)
The Senal ENG-18RL is a broadcast-quality omnidirectional dynamic microphone. The dynamic capsule picks up sound in a 360° pattern and does not require a battery or phantom power, making it a reliable choice for critical field applications. The microphone's exceptionally low handling noise and resistance to wind noise and vocal plosives make it perfect for professional ENG applications like live reporting, interviews, and press conferences.
At multiple areas inside the microphone, natural rubber with special shock-absorbing properties is bonded to carbon steel rings to isolate the sealed inner shell from the outer shell. This system protects the microphone capsule from impacts and inclement weather, and dissipates kinetic energy, dramatically reducing handling noise and resonance due to rustling and knocking.
The microphone also incorporates multistage wind protection to minimize wind noise and vocal plosives. A mesh grille, acoustic foam, acoustic fabric, and another layer of acoustic foam work to diffuse excess sound pressure from wind and breath. A fixed rigid carbon-steel ring with a unique bullet-shaped design disperses breath to minimize vocal plosives.
The EQ curve is tailored for broadcast use, with a gradual low-frequency roll-off to keep out unwanted rumble, a pronounced midrange to ensure speech intelligibility, and a high-frequency roll-off to eliminate hiss and sibilance distortion. Whether broadcasting on television, AM/FM radio, or over the internet, the ENG-18RL is designed to ensure that dialogue cuts through the mix, and can be broadcast live without EQ adjustment.
The ENG-18RL features a durable aluminum-alloy shaft designed for EMI rejection and reduced internal resonance, with a matte black finish for a professional appearance and minimum light reflection. The mic is also long enough to accommodate a mic flag.
Ideal Choice for Critical Field Applications
Isolated Inner Shell
Diffuses Excess Sound Pressure From Wind and Vocal Plosives
Broadcast Live Without EQ Adjustment
Can Accommodate Mic Flag
Auray UPOH-B Universal Plug-On Transmitter Holster
The Auray UPOH-B Universal Plug-On Transmitter Holster is a durable leather case that will fit most wireless plug-on transmitters. It builds upon its predecessor, the UPOH-A, by increasing the area of the side window. This change accommodates more brands and models.
The side window will make it easy for you to view and access your transmitter's controls. Also, you'll notice that the connector cutout has been made wider to facilitate cable interaction and connectivity with a greater range of transmitters.
The Auray UPOH-B is built with a heavy-duty belt clip. The transmitter is secured in the holster by a touch-fastener closure that keeps your device protected while conveniently at your side.
Heavy-Duty Belt Clip
Large Side Window
Compatible Plug-On Transmitters:
- Azden 35XT
- Lectrosonics HMa
- Senal AWS-2000P
- Sennheiser SKP 100
- Sennheiser SKP 500
- Sony UTX-P03
- Sony UTX-P40
- Similar-sized wireless transmitters
SKB iSeries 3i-1209-4-BH3 Waterproof Case for Rode Newsshooter Wireless Mic System
Custom-designed for B&H, the iSeries 3i-1209-4-BH3 Waterproof Case from SKB features a custom foam interior designed to accommodate up to two Rode Newsshooter wireless mic systems, including two TX-Belt wireless transmitters, two RX-Cam wireless receivers, one TX-XLR handheld mic transmitter, and one Reporter handheld interview mic. It also features a large accessory pocket for lavalier mics, cables, and more.
Lightweight (at 3.6 lb), the injection-molded waterproof case is constructed from high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin, and is equipped with a built-in gasket for an airtight and submersible seal (IP67-rated). Furthermore, the case resists corrosion, solvents, fungus, and impact damage. The molded-in hinge, trigger-release latch system, snap-down rubber over-molded, cushion-grip handle, and automatic ambient pressure-equalization valve all contribute to its military-grade design.
Vello V-Rig 4.1" Triple Shoe Bracket
The Vello V-Rig 4.1" Triple Shoe Bracket mounts onto a camera's accessory shoe in order to provide three additional accessory shoes for mounting lights, monitors, microphones, or other accessories. In addition to the shoe mount, a 1/4"-20 thread is also available for attaching the bracket to a tripod, rig, or other bracket featuring a 1/4"-20-threaded mount.
The bracket is constructed from rigid, yet lightweight single-piece aluminum alloy, and the mounting shoes are machined out of the same piece as the bracket, for additional strength. The accessory shoes also feature backstops for greater security when attaching accessories. The bottom shoe that attaches to the camera features a locking pin, which keeps the shoe in place and prevents the shoe from rotating during use.
Machined Aluminum Alloy
Accessory Shoe and 1/4"-20 Socket Mounts
Kopul CMX-1-V2 Two-Channel Mini Mixer with Shoe Bracket
Designed for filmmaking using a DSLR, camcorder, or mirrorless camera with a 3.5mm mic input, the CMX-1-V2 Two-Channel Mini Mixer with Shoe Bracket from Kopul is a compact and robust mixer that provides extra inputs and level controls for two separate mono inputs or a stereo mic input.
A mono/stereo switch can be engaged to send audio signals to two separate channels (in stereo mode) or combine the two channels into one signal when set to mono. The dual stepped trim control knobs provide precise adjustment of the output levels to the camera, while the fully passive design prevents unnecessary noise from influencing the signal.
The rugged metal bracket features three integrated shoe mounts on the sides and top of the unit for attaching accessories such as lights, microphones, wireless microphone receivers, and more. Suitable for amateurs and pros alike, the mixer allows you to input audio that's in sync with your video.