The ATSC Broadcast IRD System for 8VSB/DVB-ASI/IP to 3G-SDI/HDMI/YPbPr/CVBS Out from the Thor H-HD-IRD series of integrated receiver decoders (IRD) can be used for converting broadband programming to uncompressed HD video, as well as multiplexing and retransmitting programs to both ASI and IP outputs. Equipped with every major video signal output such as HD-SDI, it can provide HD video to any display or professional video system. It also provides modern digital audio outputs on both optical TOSLINK and XLR connectors. It features standard Dolby AC/3 audio pass-through, and supports closed caption for both 608 and 708 captioning systems.
The V3 platform adds a front panel LCD video display for monitoring, as well as an internal program multiplexer for combining content from both ASI and IP sources simultaneously. The web interface displays all available programs and corresponding PID's, where each program can be independently added to either the ASI or IP outputs, and all selected programs are multiplexed into a single MPTS output. Additionally, the IP output can be configured for up to 32 SPTS single program stream outputs, each with different address and port settings. This allows the V3 system to be used as an intelligent ASI to IP, or RF to IP Gateway with add-drop and ASI multiplexing capabilities. The combined multi-program transport streams carried over IP can also be separated into their corresponding single program streams. You can configure the RF tuner for QAM, 8VSB (ATSC), DVB-T, DVB-C, or DVB-S2 signal sources.
- Broadcast integrated receiver decoder system
- Integrated RF tuner for ATSC 8VSB antenna-type TV
- Decodes any IP or ASI program from SPTS or MPTS
- Network managed on dedicated network interface
- Supports 608 closed captions and 708 on HD-SDI out
- Remap PIDs from any TS input to any TS output
- Process, remap, and remultiplex up to 32 streams
- Two CAS card slots allow for decoding of encrypted programming