The one-input SDI to QAM Modulator and IPTV Streaming Encoder from Thor bundles a real-time HD hardware encoder with a managed program stream multiplexer and RF QAM modulator. It can encode one channel of HD-SDI video to MPEG-2 or H.264, and modulate the programs on QAM carrier outputs. The unit can also modulate programs encoded externally via an ASI input. This platform is suitable for corporate MATV systems or in-house HD video distribution from SDI sources.
Quadrant Amplitude Modulation (QAM) is commonly used in cable TV systems due to its high bandwidth. The QAM-IP chassis supports all three primary J.83 QAM standards; ITU-T J.83A, J.83B, and J.83C. Any QAM-IP chassis can be set to output RF carriers under either of these three standards without the need to change firmware. The encoder modules are independent of the modulator chassis system.
The HD-SDI uncompressed digital video is commonly used in broadcasting and professional A/V systems. Serial digital video can be carried over single-conductor coax cables employing common BNC connectors. The low-latency encoding reduces the time delay between video input and encoded program output.
- Broadcasts live HD-SDI video and ASI as cable TV and IPTV channels
- Broadcasts over the existing coaxial cabling to an unlimited number of televisions with Full HD resolution
- Low-latency encoding
- Encoding latency of approximately 70 to 110 ms
- Any SDI input up to 3G-SDI at 1920 x 1080p60
- ASI input SPTS or MPTS up to 120 Mb/s
- Fully network-managed through browser
- QAM-256/64 RF output
- IPTV output unicast or multicast IGMP UDP, RTP/RTSP
- ASI output with multiplexer cherry picking