Firefield's black 8x32 Siege Monocular is designed as a highly portable field optic for mid-range use even as the light fades. The combination of magnification and objective lens diameter ensures a wide field of view and exit pupil, with enhanced light gathering ability versus smaller comparable models. Added to these features are anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics and BAK4 roof prisms which maximize light transmission through the optical path, producing bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color rendition.
The housing is made of a lightweight and durable plastic that is wrapped in a protective black rubber armor. Accents on the armor promote a more secure grip, helping to increase its handling in cold and wet weather. The optical tube is O-ring sealed to an IP55-rating making it water-resistant to driving rain and snow, as well as dust-resistant. Construction details such as a twist-up eyecup and a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount add to the comfort and usability of the monocular.
Measuring less than 5.5" long and weighing just half a pound, the Siege combines optical and design features that result in an easy to carry and use optic that presents an immersive observational experience from dawn to dusk.
- Moderate 8x magnification brings subjects in close without sacrificing field of view or exit pupil for more comfortable viewing while mitigating the appearance of visible hand shake
- Moderate 32mm objective lens diameter draws in more light than compact models while maintaining a slim form factor for easier handling and carrying
- Compact BAK4 roof prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics produce views with improved color rendition, contrast, and clarity
- Wide 60° apparent angle of view
- 393-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large textured focusing collar is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- Convenient twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount allows for hands-free use to reduce fatigue and hand shake that can interfere with viewings
- 13mm eye relief helps to reduce eye strain and improve viewing comfort
- Comfortable 4mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate as light fades
- Lightweight and impact-resistant plastic chassis
- Textured black rubber armor protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Integrated accents add grip strength and stability for sure handling
- IP55-rated, dustproof, and water-resistant to driving rain and snow
- Tethered objective lens cover allows for easy use without the threat of loss
- Broad 0 to 120°F (-17 to 49°C) operating temperature
- Compact 4.9x1.8" form factor
- Light 8-ounce weight