With a size and weight that make them easy to hold and carry, the Firefield 16x32 Emissary Binoculars sport powerful magnification to bring the action in close, with a form factor that makes them easy to handle.
They utilize a roof-prism light path with K9 prism glass (BK7 equivalent) and anti-reflection multi-coated optics that work together to produce bright and clear views with accurate color and heightened contrast. A central focusing mechanism is controlled via a large and textured knob that is easy to use in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves, with a right-eye dioptric correction and convenient fold-down rubber eyecups.
The Emissary chassis is built using impact and corrosion-resistant ABS-plastic that is resistant to the expansion and contraction typically associated with metal chassis, and which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time. The binoculars' optical tubes are O-ring sealed to an IP55 rating, making them dustproof and water-resistant, enabling them to withstand driving rain and snow. This resistance, when coupled with a broad operating temperature, makes these binoculars capable of withstanding cold and inclement weather with ease.
Measuring less than 5.5" long and weighing well under a pound at just 12 ounces, the Emissary binoculars can fit into most packs, pockets, or purses without adding excessive bulk—making them an ideal companion for most glassing needs.
- Powerful 16x magnification allows for extreme detailed observations of distant subjects
- Moderate 32mm objective lens diameter draws in more light than compact models while maintaining a slim form factor for easier handling and carrying
- K9 (BK7) roof prisms ensure the optical tubes are thin and easy to hold
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics produce views with improved color rendition, contrast, and clarity
- 108-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a sturdy and stable platform for the hinge and focusing system
- Large textured center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- +4 to -4 right eye dioptric adjustment allows users to compensate for individual optical prescriptions
- 55-70mm interpupillary distance range
- Convenient fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- 10mm eye relief
- 2mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and impact-resistant ABS plastic chassis
- Chassis material is resistant to the expansion/contraction common in metal bodies which can cause optical components to move out of alignment over time
- Textured green rubber armor protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Raised ridges add grip strength and stability for sure handling
- IP55-rated, dustproof, and water-resistant to driving rain and snow
- Broad 0 to 120°F (-17 to 49°C) operating temperature
- Light 11.9-ounce weight