Borrowing from the sound and function of the Rocket synthesizer and 2-Pole filter, the Waldorf vcf1 for Eurorack is an analog multimode filter module with a 12 dB/octave slope and high-, band-, and low-pass outputs. The vcf1 features a pre-filter experimental distortion stage to add rich harmonics to the signal, which can be utilized separately for even more flexibility. A post-filter overdrive circuit is also provided for even more sonic mayhem.
The filter cutoff features two CV controls with one option offering a bi-polar control. The filter also offers CV control over resonance and is capable of self-oscillation. There are two audio inputs with level controls, three separate filter outputs (LP, BP, HP), and a drive output with a gain control and a filter selection switch. The vcf1's moderate 2-pole design was created to complement the Waldorf nw1 wavetable module, which provides an already harmonically rich signal. Like all of Waldorf's modules, the vcf1 is compatible with all Eurorack modules.
- Analog 12db/octave multimode filter with distortion
- Signal path: distortion -> filter -> overdrive
- 2 audio inputs with gain
- Resonance up to self-oscillation
- 2 CV inputs for cutoff, one featuring bipolar control
- CV input for resonance
- Pre-filter distortion with level control
- Distortion section can be used separately
- Post-filter overdrive with adjustable gain
- Width: 18 HP