Bundling the fast-shooting mirrorless body with a pair of useful accessories, the Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera with External Hard Drive and Shoulder Bag Kit from B&H pairs the speedy full-frame camera body with an external hard drive and a protective camera bag.
Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Bringing the speed Sony mirrorless shooters have been waiting for, the Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera takes impressive multimedia capabilities and ups the processing capabilities for ultra-fast continuous shooting. Making use of a 24.2MP full-frame Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, the a9 is capable of shooting at up to 20 fps, recording UHD 4K video internally, and shooting with an expanded sensitivity range to ISO 204,800. Balancing the quickness of the processor is a well-matched 693-point phase-detection autofocus system that covers 93% of the image area for accurate and quick subject tracking in a variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, complementing both the imaging and focusing assets, the a9 also sports 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
Matching its professional imaging capabilities is a well-rounded physical construction that is fully weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions. For clear, uncompromised viewing, a quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder is featured with an impressive 3.686m-dot resolution and 120 fps refresh rate for clear, bright, and smooth eye-level viewing. Alternatively, a 3.0" 1.44m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD is also available to benefit working from high and low angles. Dual SD memory card slots, a customizable menu system, and a variety of physical control dials further round out the camera's intuitive design, and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
24.2MP Full-Frame Exmor RS Stacked CMOS Sensor
BIONZ X Image Processor
693-Point Phase-Detection AF
The apt focus system also lends itself to a variety of focusing functions for refined accuracy, including Lock-on AF, which maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject, and Expand Flexible Spot, which employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus. Additionally, Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes. Autofocus can also be used in conjunction with the Focus Magnifier function for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details.
In addition to autofocus, the a9 also features a Peaking MF function to benefit manual focus control by highlighting sharp edges of contrast for a more objective means of acquiring sharp focus.
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
4K video recording also avails the ability to produce 8MP stills during playback by taking a frame grab from a movie and storing it as a separate file.
Slow & Quick Motion
Enhanced Zebra Function
Time Code and User Bit Settings
- Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder features a 3.686m-dot resolution and a 0.78x magnification for bright and clear viewing. The EVF also sports a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to reduce reflections and a high 120 fps refresh rate can be used to reduce lag for a smoother viewing experience. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- Rear 3.0" 1.44m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD is available for live view shooting and menu navigation. The touchscreen enables Touch Focus for intuitive adjustment of your focus point, and the tilting design benefits working from both high and low angles.
- Dual SD card slots provide a more flexible means for storing files. The lower card slot supports UHS-II type cards, and the slots can be configured to do an in-camera backup, segregated raw/JPEG recording, or overflow saving.
- My Menu function can be used to customize your menu items for easy, direct access with up to 72 options to be set and ordered.
- Stacked drive mode and focus mode dials, a dedicated AF-ON button, and a rear multi-selector all afford greater efficiency when switching focus modes, points, or exposure settings.
- Integrated LAN terminal enables making wired FTP transfers for notably fast transfer speeds. Also, the first three characters of the file name can be customized for easier organization during post-production.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a9 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is both lightweight and durable, and also weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Integrated PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag (Pinestone)
Store, protect, and transport your Nikon D850 or similar-sized camera with attached 24-70mm lens, plus an additional 70-200mm lens, a flash, and related accessories in this lightweight Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo. Alternatively, you can fit a small drone, its controller, and accessories in place of your camera equipment.
This handsome minimalist bag is designed to blend in and doesn't look like a camera bag. Made of durable cotton canvas that has been treated for water resistance, it has a large flap with dual turn buckles to keep it securely closed and an interior nylon lining padded with closed-cell foam for protection. The main compartment has padded touch-fastening PE-reinforced dividers for organizing your gear. A large pocket under the flap will hold and organize memory cards, cables, your wallet, keys, and other smaller gear.
A pocket on the back of the bag holds papers and documents like boarding passes safely and securely with fast access to them. A water bottle/accessory pocket on the exterior can be collapsed and strapped tight to further minimize the profile. A simple webbing rail accommodates modular pouches or a carabineer, so you can further customize the bag to your needs and gear. Carry the Retrospective 7M by the padded removable top handle, or wear it with the adjustable padded shoulder strap. You can also attach it to the handle of a rolling carry-on bag. To further protect your valuable gear, your friends at Think Tank included a seam-sealed rain cover.