Based on the authentic synthesizer structure and ladder-style filter design found in iconic and legendary synths of the '70s, the Behringer Model D is a three-oscillator analog synthesizer with a pure analog signal path and a dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO. The instrument utilizes matched transistors and JFETs, precision 0.1% thin-film resistors, and polyphenylene-sulfide capacitors, which allow for flexible sound shaping capabilities, resulting in super-fat basses and lead tones, mind-bending effects, and progressive organ sounds.
The three VCOs offer a wide range of waveforms for sculpting sound. VCOs 1&2 include triangular, triangular/saw, saw, square, wide pulse, and narrow pulse, while VCO3 features triangular, reverse saw, saw, square, wide pulse, and narrow pulse. Additionally, all 3 VCOs can be adjusted across a wide, 6-octave range (LO, 32', 16', 8', 4', and 2'). At the heart of the Model D beats the highly flexible 24 dB ladder-style filter with controls for filter cutoff, emphasis, and contour. The filter can be switched between high-pass and low-pass, while the dedicated envelope allows the filter to be shaped over time. What's more, the filter can be key-tracked for realistic recreations of acoustic instruments.
Other notable additions to the Model D include a semi-modular design, which requires no patching for immediate performance. However, many of the instrument's audio and CV input and outputs can be routed via 1/8" patch cables to interface with other Eurorack modules. The front panel can be removed from the desktop case and placed within a standard Eurorack enclosure. The monophonic Model D is capable of up to 16-note poly-chaining, allowing multiple units to be connected and used polyphonically. The Behringer Model D includes a power adapter.
- Classic analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Precision 0.1% thin-film resistors and polyphenylene sulfide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, and VCA designs
- Five variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for authentic sound performance
- Switchable low-/high-pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice poly-chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16-voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Overdrive circuit adds spice and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Complete Eurorack solution: main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low- and high-level outputs featuring highest signal integrity signal stages
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection