Designed to run within the AmpliTube Custom Shop plug-in, IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX 1 & 2 Bundle includes Ampeg SVX and Ampeg SVX 2, a collection of emulations which aim to digitize the distinctive tone of Ampeg bass rigs. With this download you get seven amplifier emulations, nine cabinet models, six microphone setups for the cabinets, and eight stompbox simulations for use with electric basses.
This software is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and works in VST2, VST3, AU, and AAX formats running at 64-bit. It also operates as a standalone application, in which case you'll have access to a multitrack recorder to capture ideas.
IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX - Bass Amplifier and Cabinet Emulation Software (Plug-In, Download)
Available for download, IK Multimedia’s Ampeg SVX is software that emulates the world-renowned and well-regarded sound of Ampeg amplifier heads and speaker cabinets. It also provides models of the microphones used to capture these cabinets in the studio, as well as a comprehensive pedalboard with overdrive, wah, chorus, envelope filtering, and more. You’ll even find a digital, accurate, and chromatic tuner.
It is primarily intended to be used with electric basses, though it has been known to sound good on guitars, keyboards, or any signal to which you’d like to lend the sound of an emulated bass amplifier. Indeed, it has been designed with a stereo path to encourage such experimentation.
The software uses Dynamic Saturation Modeling and Volumetric Response Modeling technologies to provide a realistic emulation of Ampeg gear. As such, it is a suitable choice for producers, mixing engineers, and other studio stalwarts looking to impart more mojo upon a relatively dry DI’ed bass tone. It should be noted, however, that integration with IK Multimedia’s series of hardware products offers you the ability to use this software onstage, and therefore, to bring the sound of Ampeg hardware to your live gig in a comparatively compact form factor.
Many presets have been provided to get you started. They are tagged extensively for advanced search, and are designed to offer great bass timbres out of the gate. Any preset you build for yourself can be shared, if you choose, using Preset Xchange—though you can also keep them to yourself; the decision is yours.
The software operates in 64-bit, is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and works in Audio Units, VST2, VST3, and AAX formats. It also operates as a standalone application, in which case you’ll have access to a multitrack recorder to capture ideas.
Pedalboard with Eight Stompboxes
Four Modeled Amplifier Heads
Six Modeled Amplifier Cabinets and Corresponding Microphones Provided
IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX 2 - Collection of Bass Amplifier and Cabinet Emulations for AmpliTube Plug-In (Download)
Designed to run within the AmpliTube Custom Shop plug-in, IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX 2 offers a collection of bass amplifiers and cabs that emulate the world-renowned and well-regarded sound of Ampeg amplifier heads and their matched speaker cabinets. It is primarily intended to be used with electric basses, though it has been known to sound good on guitars, keyboards, or any signal to which you'd like to lend the sound of a bass amplifier.
Ampeg SVX 2 employs the company's Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology to recreate the fine interactions of complete internal circuit stages of the original models and reproduce their unmistakable vibe and dynamics down to their finest nuances. You can further customize your bass sound using the AmpliTube Custom Shop's full-rig signal path, with tuner, pedalboards, amp head preamp, effects loop, power amp, speaker cabs, mics with room effects, and post-rack effects.
- Virtual gear collection for use with AmpliTube Custom Shop plug-in
- Officially licensed by Ampeg
- 3 x amps (SVT-VR, V-4B, HERITAGE B-15N)
- 3 x matched cabinets (SVT-810AV, SVT-212AV, B-15N 115)
- Accurate emulations of the original Ampeg amps and cabinets using the company's Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology
- Perfect companion for MODO BASS electric bass virtual instrument plug-in (available separately)
- Runs from within any version of AmpliTube 4.3 or later (free or paid version)
- Expandable via the AmpliTube Custom Shop
Ampeg Amplifier Heads
- Arena-ready bass powerhouse with six 6550 output tubes gives you all the growl you might ever need
- Used by bass players such as Bootsy Collins, Tony Levin, Chris Squire, Pino Palladino, and Bill Laswell, to name a few
- The SVT-VR is a vintage reissue of an early 1970’s Blue-Line SVT head
- The preamp stage, power section, and rocker switches emulate the exact signal path, tone, and vibe of the original rock ’n’ roll workhorse
- An all-tube legend
- 100W All-Tube Bass Head is a reissue of the legendary 1971 original
- Delivers the pure tube vintage sound, attitude, and unmistakable grind that earned this classic amp a place in bass history
- One of the most recorded bass tones
- Two distinct, switchable 1964 and 1966 channels
- Flexible Baxandall-type bass and treble EQ controls along with selectable cathode bias (1964) or fixed bias (1966) modes
- "The Fridge", classic Ampeg stack that you see on stages worldwide
- Powerful, tight, and focused bass sound
- Infinite Baffle design has stayed the same since 1969 and delivers that punchy, round sound that defines the iconic Ampeg tone
- Pure Ampeg tone in a ported cabinet design
- Combines the fast transient response that cuts through mixes with the rich low end you aim for
- 2 x 12" custom Eminence LF drivers and a 1" compression driver
- 3-way level control in a rugged cab with classic vintage Ampeg styling
- The perfect companion of the HERITAGE B-15N
- 15" 300W Eminence speaker that delivers pure, full-bodied, and vintage-sounding tone, reminiscent of the good old 60s
- Suits most musical genres both in the studio and on stage