The Klover MiK 16 Pole Mount Kit is a 16" parabolic collector dish used to build a parabolic microphone with the addition of a lavalier or a small-diaphragm microphone (available separately). It comes with a MiK 16 collector dish without handle and a MiK 16 Hard-Mount Bracket designed for applications when the parabolic mic is used in a stationery setup instead of being held by an operator. A second bracket is included to connect the Hard-Mount Bracket to a pole or a pipe.
The Klover MiK 16 collector dish turns your omnidirectional or cardioid mic into a long-range parabolic microphone capable of capturing conversations at distances ranging from 250 to 300'. It is ideal for permanent installs in sports and educational facilities, houses of worship, and open conferences/meetings.
16" Collector Dish for Clear and Crisp Audio Capture
- The "true" parabolic shape of the collector dish focuses all the sound energy to a single point for clear and crisp audio capture up to 300' away.
- The included microphone yoke with lavaliere mic adapter allows you to mount small-diaphragm microphones (up to 0.87" / 22.1mm in diameter) or your lavalier of choice.
- You can use microphones that have either an omnidirectional or a cardioid pickup pattern.
Hard-Mount Bracket for Permanent Install
- The hard-mount bracket replaces the standard handle with a clear acrylic plate that allows easy, nearly invisible mounting of the MiK 16 collecting dish to a Magic Arm or any 1/4"-20 stud/bolt.
- This kit includes a bracket and hardware for mounting the Hard-Mount Bracket to a pole or pipe 1.5 to 2.5" in diameter. The bracket shifts the angle of the parabolic dish up or down 15° from the axis of the pole.