- Based on the ZEISS Planar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in 9 groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize chromatic aberrations.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One Advanced Aspherical (AA) and one aspherical element are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Ring drive Super Sonic wave Motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over focus modes.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
The Pro 72mm 98-UVATS UV Filter is one of Chiaro’s highest-rated protective UV filters with 98% light transmission. It’s ideal for photographers of all levels who demand high-quality glass and other essential features for excellent image fidelity and construction.
To achieve 98% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished optical glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. A scratch-resistant coating minimizes scratching of the glass and helps assure that water, oil, dust, and fingerprints are removed with a gentle wipe. Its hard-anodized aluminum filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it is thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses. Side knurling helps assure that you’ll have a firm grip when attaching or removing your filter.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so that you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.
Keep your optical surfaces clean with the Sensei OC-CK Optics Care and Cleaning Kit. This kit contains a pack of lens tissues, a lens cleaning pen, bulb air blower, paint brush, lipstick brush, lens cleaning fluid, microfiber cleaning cloth, and see-through mesh travel case to put everything in. This kit can be used to clean a variety of different optics and glass. You can use the air bulb blower and any of the three supplied brushes to initially remove dust from the surface. Sensei recommends applying a small amount of the alcohol- and ammonia-free cleaning fluid directly to the lens tissue. Then, gently rub in small circular motions to remove stubborn smudges or fingerprints from the glass. For those more stubborn blemishes or smudges, the lens pen is very effective.