Designed for all sorts of instrumentalists, from guitar players to vocalists to anything in between, the Electro-Harmonix 95000 is a looper giving you six mono tracks per loop, each with its own volume fader and pan knob. There’s also a seventh stereo mix down track. This stereo pair can receive audio from the six mono tracks, or it can play pre-recorded material, such as drum and bass loops. In fact, as the looper includes a microSDHC card, you can store up to 100 patterns of backing tracks, up to 375 minutes. Imagine all the interesting things you could do! For instance, you could record multiple parts and then dump them on the stereo mixdown track, only to keep layering even more audio on top.
Housed in a durable aluminum chassis, the 95000 gives you many inspiring controls, such as a two-octave speed parameter (adjustable by fader and operating in either Fine or Coarse mode), an octave button (for instantaneously halving the playback speed), a reverse option, and quantize and non-quantize modes. Of course, you can punch in and overdub audio on any track. An undo/redo footswitch is on hand—or rather, under foot—for creative/utilitarian purposes.
Turn your attention back panel and you’ll note a bevy of connections. You’ll see combination XLR-1/4” inputs for instruments and microphones, as well as multiple outputs. A stereo pair of 1/4" outputs are offered, as well as monitor and headphone jacks; these allow you to adjust your input-to-loop level separately, without affecting the stereo output path.
Should you wish to play to a click, the metronome will be fed to your monitor or headphone output, but never the main output jacks; this spares the audience from hearing the click. Use the USB port to interface the 95000 with your computer, moving/copying loops to and from either destination. With 5-pin MIDI connections, you can sync two different 95000 loopers for a total of 14 mono tracks. A power supply is included, as is a 16GB microSDHC card.
- Total recording time up to 375 minutes with 16GB card
- Stores up to 100 multitrack loops per card
- 6 tracks plus one stereo mixdown track
- Records one or two tracks (stereo or 2 mono) at once
- Stereo dry output level controls
- Undo/redo your last recording/overdub on a per-track basis
- Overdub (DUB) with adjustable feedback amount
- Reverse button instantly changes loop direction
- Octave button instantly halves the loop’s playback speed
- Quantize function allows for playing along with CLIX metronome and locking loops to external devices
- Combo mic/instrument/line inputs with adjustable gain and phantom power
- Headphone output
- Data entry rotary knob
- 4-digit LED display
- TAP tempo
- Octave/reverse/quantize functions
- Removable microSDHC memory card (16GB card included)
- USB port for easy transfer of files to and from computer
- MIDI-clock sync and control
- Expression pedal input jack to control loop audio volume
- 20 factory-supplied drum loops
- Convenient dedicated footswitch functions
- Rugged, all-metal stageworthy chassis