Equally comfortable in the studio or as part of a mobile rig, the Focusrite Clarett 2Pre USB 10x4 USB Audio Interface combines 24-bit / 192 kHz A/D/A conversion with low-latency monitoring and two, Air-enabled microphone preamps that can model the sound of the company's classic ISA preamps. With low noise (-129 dB EIN), low distortion, and a 119 dB dynamic range, the high-performance mic preamps deliver a clean, open, and transparent sound, for accurate reproduction of the original performance.
The Clarett 2Pre USB is equipped with two, high-headroom mic/line/instrument inputs that are ideal for recording everything from condenser mics to hot pickups, without distortion. Each mic pre has a separate gain knob that makes it easy to set the correct input level. The interface also provides four line level outputs (two of these can be used to output the entire mix to monitors), MIDI I/O, and eight channels of ADAT inputs to expand your setup. The front panel features a 1/4" headphone output with independent volume control and a pair of +48V phantom power switches to provide power to condenser microphones.
The Clarett 2Pre USB offers a comprehensive software package that includes the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite with accurate models of the Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle with reverb, delay, mastering, and distortion plug-ins, a Loopmasters library with 2GB of royalty-free samples, and more. Also provided is the Focusrite Control software that enables you to configure routing, and monitor mixes from Mac and Windows computers, or iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices.
- Two Air-enabled mic preamps emulate the sound of the company's original ISA mic preamp
- Low-noise (-129 dB EIN) mic preamps with low distortion and up to 119 dB dynamic range
- Precision 24-bit / 192 kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- Record with low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Two mic/line/instrument XLR-1/4" combo inputs on front-panel with high-headroom instrument inputs for recording hot pickups without distortion
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Eight channels of ADAT inputs to expand system
- 5-pin MIDI I/O
- Four balanced line outputs (which can be configured)
- One headphone output with independent volume control
- Supports any Mac or Windows computer with USB 2.0 and above
Focusrite Control Software
- Control software enables you to configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac or Windows computers, and iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- One of four Addictive Keys keyboard instruments
Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite
- Accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
Softube Time and Tone Bundle
- Four of Softube's reverb, delay, mastering, and distortion plug-ins
Focusrite Plug-In Collective
- Exclusive offers, tutorial content, and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies