The TC Electronic DB6 AES Unbalanced is a broadcast transmission audio processor that provides a complete and intelligent loudness management solution to help broadcasters with their loudness responsibilities. It employs a one-step process that preserves the details of your audio, while allowing you to stay compliant with broadcast standards and legislation at all times.
The DB6 AES Unbalanced is designed for TV broadcasters who prefer to pass only the audio signal through their loudness management system rather than their entire SDI signal. It offers a total of sixteen physical channels of unbalanced AES I/O on BNC connectors, with the first eight channels active by default. Should you need to use additional channels, a license for activating channels 9-16 is available separately.
The proprietary DICE core digital I/O engine features JET technology, which helps reduce incoming jitter to a near-unmeasurable level. Audio sync locks quickly for glitch- and artifact-free transmission, while the Freewheel "safety belt" function keeps the unit running at the "last good sync source rate" when the source is lost.
Audio loudness is measured at the input as well as the output of the DB6. In between, the LoudnessWizard algorithm handles everything regarding loudness including automatic format detection, automatic up- and down-conversion, automatic loudness correction, true peak limiting, lip-sync delay with look-ahead capability, all in one single process and for a multitude of broadcast platforms. The unit comes with ready-to-use presets based on international standards.
The LM6 loudness radar meter provides an easy way to read loudness with a complete overview. Loudness history is displayed by the radar and momentary loudness is displayed by the outer ring. True peak level is displayed on the right side. Program loudness, range values, or other parameters of your choice are shown at the bottom. You also get 24/7 measurement and logging of key stats for future evaluations and documentation.
The DB6 AES Unbalanced features a full, dual-redundancy setup with dual fans, dual fuses, and dual power connectors, which you can use with independent power sources. In case of an emergency, the relay bypass ensures that your content is not compromised. The unit is housed in a high-density, 1 RU enclosure to help you save space in your equipment room. Included are two power cords and a USB memory stick with TC Icon software and DB6 software.
One-Step Loudness Management
AES Unbalanced I/O
Loudness Wizard Algorithm
- Powerful one-step LoudnessWizard process makes it easy to achieve your loudness-handling requirements
- Automatic loudness correction
- Automatic up-conversion
- Automatic down-mix
- Look-ahead lip-sync delay
- True-peak limiting
- Handling of normalized and non-normalized Content
- Compliant with all major broadcast standards
- ITU-R BS.1770-3
- EBU R128
- ATSC A/85
- ARIB TR-B32
- FreeTV OP-59
- Supported by TC Electronic to remain compliant with current and future releases of major broadcast standards
LM6 Loudness Radar Meter
- LM6 loudness radar meter gives you a complete loudness landscape overview at a glance
- Loudness history, momentary loudness, true-peak level, program loudness, loudness range in a single view
- Mono, stereo, and 5.1 surround
- 24/7 logging: monitor and log audio loudness input and post-processing output, and create a ready-made history of broadcast for evaluation and documentation purposes
- Offers robust redundancy and reliability needed for mission-critical live applications
- Dual power supplies
- Dual fuses
- Dual low-noise fans
- Complete relay bypass for live stream
- Connect to a computer (controller) running TC Icon software via an Ethernet port
- Second Ethernet port allows for daisy-chaining multiple 3G transmission cards
3G Transmission Card
- Processes up to sixteen 24-bit AES/EBU, AES3-id audio channels
- Holds two multichannel processors
- Runs two LoudnessWizard algorithms simultaneously
- Runs two LoudnessWizard 2 algorithms simultaneously
- Runs two LM6 loudness radar meters simultaneously