Designed for fast glassing on the go in the field, on the water, or sightseeing around the world, Swarovski's anthracite (charcoal) 10x30 CL B Companion Urban Jungle Binoculars utilize their iconic proprietary coating systems to deliver high-contrast images with accurate true-to-life color and virtually zero distortion across the entire generous field of view.
Their powerful 10x magnification enables detailed observations of distant subjects, while the generous apparent angle of view produces an immersive visual experience with greatly reduced appearance of the distracting hand shake that is often associated with holding high-magnification optics such as this. Styled and engineered with an ergonomic profile, a non-slip focusing wheel, and twist-up eyecups, they offer a comfortable viewing experience for long observation sessions. This version of the Companion includes Swarovski’s olive-drab Urban Jungle-edition carrying bag and neck strap, in addition to tethered objective lens covers and a one-piece eyepiece rainguard that allow users to react quickly while offering protection from the elements without the fear of losing the covers.
Swarovski's SWAROBRIGHT phase-correcting coatings applied to their premium roof prisms eliminate color fringing and aberrations for enhanced color fidelity and contrast, while their SWAROTOP coatings on the other optical surfaces maximize light transmission, transmit neutral and natural color fidelity, and improve contrast and clarity. The outer lens surfaces are further coated with Swarovski's SWARODUR coatings, which offer scratch resistance and allow oils, saps, and water to bead off. This not only helps to keep the surfaces clear, it makes cleaning them easier.
Weighing just 17 ounces, the CL Companion chassis is made of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy, with a short and compact bridge to further reduce weight. The bridge design, along with thumb depressions on the underside of the optical tubes, provides a large surface area for the hands with a comfortable and balanced feel in the hand. This trim form factor is relatively light and small enough to pack and travel with ease and won't cause strain when worn around the neck for prolonged periods. Their anthracite (charcoal) non-slip full rubber armoring provides shock resistance. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled to prevent internal fogging and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible for short periods of time.
- Powerful 10x magnification allows for detailed observations of distant subjects
- 30mm objective lenses provide improved light gathering versus compact models, without the weight and bulk of full-size optics
- Compact roof prism design ensures solid performance while ensuring a compact form factor
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Proprietary coating system improves the overall viewing experience
- Apparent angle of view approaches wide-angle to minimize the appearance of distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics and presents users with an immersive observational experience
- Generous 324' field of view at 1000 yards
Swarovski Optical Coatings:
- SWAROBRIGHT phase-correcting prism coating eliminates internal interference to improve contrast and resolution
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective multi-coating maximizes light transmission, improves contrast and clarity
- SWARODUR exterior lens coatings offer scratch-resistance while allowing dirt, dust, oils, and sap to be easily cleaned off without leaving residue to ensure clear and smudge-free views
Use and Handling
- Short bridge design provides more gripping surface and a solid platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Slip-resistant focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±4 dioptric correction helps to compensate for individual eye prescriptions for sharper views
- 55-74mm interpupillary distance range allows easy use by a wide variety of users—even those with narrow faces like children and young adults
- Twist-up eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 16mm eye relief makes viewing easier and more comfortable, especially during long observation sessions
- 3mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to 13' (4m) and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Anthracite rubber armoring for shock resistance and slip-resistant grip in cold and wet weather
- Ergonomically placed indented thumb rests on the underside of the optical tubes improve grip comfort and security
- Includes olive-drab Urban Jungle-edition carrying bag and neck strap
- Tethered one-piece ocular rainguard and objective lens covers protect the lenses without the chance of losing them
- Broad -13 to 131°F (-25 to 55°C) operating temperature range; -22 to 158°F (-30 to 70°C) storage temperature
- Lightweight: 17.5 ounces