Offering incredibly high resolution and color accuracy, the H6D-400c MS from Hasselblad is a specialized medium format camera system that is distinguished by its unique multi-shot capabilities. Compared to traditional single-shot images, this multi-shot capture records up to six sequential images and automatically composites them into a single 400MP-equivalent frame with noticeably greater color detail and a near complete lack of moiré and aliasing. Helping to realize this impressive recording capability, as well as enabling high-resolution single-shot shooting, too, this camera system is based on the H6D-100c platform and its 100MP 53.4 x 40mm CMOS sensor. The CMOS design affords a wide sensitivity range of ISO 64-12800, along with 16-bit color depth and a dynamic range of up to 15 stops to maintain notable detail and quality when working in the most difficult of lighting conditions. Coupled with an enhanced electronic platform with faster processing capabilities, the ability to shoot both UHD 4K and Full HD video at 30 fps in the Hasselblad Raw format is also supported.
Beyond imaging, the H6D also sports improved connectivity with the inclusion of a USB 3.0 Type-C connector for fast 5 Gb/s transfer speeds and more fluid tethered shooting performance. The back itself incorporates a bright, clear 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor for live view shooting and intuitive settings control, and a mini-HDMI port is available for working with larger external monitors. In-camera saving is possible via dual memory cards slots-one CFast slot and one SD slot-and files can also be saved remotely when shooting tethered over USB 3.0. Built-in Wi-Fi can also be used in conjunction with iOS devices running the Phocus Mobile app, which permits wireless remote control of the camera as well as the ability to preview imagery and browse files
400MP Multi-Shot Capture
100MP CMOS Sensor
Updated Electronic Platform
UHD 4K and Full HD Video
System Design and Connectivity
- Built-in 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD affords intuitive control over settings navigation and adjustment, and also permits bright, clear live view monitoring.
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector offers transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s for quick and responsive tethered live view and stills capture.
- In addition to tethered shooting, dual memory card slots are incorporated into the back for flexible storage capabilities. One CFast card can be used for fast read/write speeds, which are necessary for continuous shooting or UHD 4K video recording, and one SD slot is provided for backup storage and wide compatibility with existing cards and card readers.
- Benefitting video applications, as well as working with the back on technical view cameras, a mini-HDMI port permits use of an optional external monitor for clear monitoring. Additionally, audio in/out ports are provided for more flexible control over audio recording during video.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables working with an iOS mobile device and the Phocus Mobile app for remote camera control, wireless image previews, and file browsing.
- Compatible with the updated range of HC and HCD lenses, which feature an improved leaf shutter unit for increased shutter and flash sync speeds of up to 1/2000 sec.
- Designed within a modular system, the H6D is comprised of the digital back, camera body, and an included HVD 90x viewfinder. Beyond the included components, additional optional viewfinders, film backs, and other accessories can also be used in conjunction with the digital back or the H6D body.
- Phocus 3.0 is a free image processing software that complements the H6D's capabilities and enables raw file processing for both stills and video, as well as a range of editing capabilities, including automatic moiré detection and the ability to work with adjustment layers for applying exposure, white balance, and color corrections.