Designed to produce crisp and clear wide-angle views, the ZEISS Victory Harpia 85 Spotting Scope is engineered for the superb performance hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts have come to expect from the brand.
Its performance begins with the use of extra-low dispersion fluoride glass, which virtually eliminates color fringing and halos caused by chromatic aberration, ensuring views are crisp and sharp with accurate color fidelity. Additionally, ZEISS' proprietary T* full multi-coat system maximizes light transmission to improve color rendition, contrast, and clarity, while exterior lens surface LotuTec coating ensures oils, sap, dust, and dirt are easy to clean off without residue. The large 85mm objective lens draws in copious amounts of light to ensure images remain bright and clear, even in low or challenging light, and helps to produce the wide field of view. This version of the Harpia 85 is offered here with the spotting scope body only; an optional eyepiece is required for proper use.
To make viewing more comfortable, the eyepiece holder is set at a 45° angle, which places the user's head in a natural position whether they're sitting, standing, or lying prone. A rotating tripod collar enables the user to further position the eyepiece precisely where they want it to limit head movement when using the spotter with other optics, like a rangefinder or a firearm. A dual-speed focusing mechanism ensures tack-sharp images, and front threads allow the use of filters, like polarizing or ND, to enhance and sharpen views even more. The optical tube is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be water and fogproof in even the harshest conditions, with a standard 1/4"-20 that makes it easy to mount onto most photo/video/field tripods and other support systems.
From the woods, to the mountains, to the steppes, the Victory Harpia 85 delivers expansive and panoramic views with enhanced clarity and true color representation.
- Eyepiece required for proper use
- Large 85mm objective lens ensures bright and clear images, even in low light
- Extra-low dispersion fluoride glass produces clear and sharp views while virtually eliminating chromatic aberrations to reveal images free of fringing with accurate color fidelity
- T* fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, clarity, and contrast, while reducing lens flare and glare
Use and Handling
- Eyepiece holder is set at a 45° angle to optical tube to provide a comfortable viewing position when sitting, standing, or lying prone
- Large focusing collars enable precise adjustment, even in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Dual-speed focusing mechanism allows for fast coarse and precise fine focusing for the sharpest possible views
- Rotating tripod collar allows the orientation of the eyepiece relative to the tripod to be rotated and adjusted for the most convenient and comfortable viewing position
- Integrated sight on front aids in finding subjects, allowing users to spend more time observing than finding their subject
- M86x1.00 front thread enables the use of filters, such as polarizing and ND, to enhance views and viewing comfort
- Simple eyepiece bayonet mount enables fast installation and removal
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to 400 mbar of pressure and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions
- Standard 1/4"-20 mount for direct connection to most photo/video/field tripods and other support systems
- LotuTec lens coatings protect the objective and ocular lenses from dirt and dust, resist scratches, and bead off water and oils
- Rubberized armoring protects chassis from impacts, with textured details for a comfortable and slip-resistant gripping surface