NewTek LightWave 3D is a popular 3D graphics software for creating 3D animations, visual effects, motion graphics, video game graphics, architectural visualizations, and product and advertising designs. LightWave features modeling, animation and rendering tools, an intuitive interface, and interactive operation that lets you keep your focus on the graphics. You can easily make a change to a color or a light and rotate around your scene to get different perspectives instantly.
LightWave 3D 2018 offers a variety of new tools and features, as well as many workflow enhancements, all providing an expanded functionality set and a faster, more streamlined process.
Many LightWave artists are among the elite of VFX award-winners in the industry, including Emmy-winning productions. LightWave has been used to create 3D illustrations for magazines such as TIME, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, and Entertainment Weekly, to design a CG image of a football stadium for a Hyundai commercial, for visual effects in numerous films, TV shows, commercials and web series such as a Duracell spot, Sleepy Hollow and Breaking Bad TV shows, and in the 3D animation process for everything from modeling and beyond.
- UDIM support
- Per-object interpolated / Brute Force
- Floating viewports
- Render presets
- Preview render pass
- Multi-selection editing of modifiers
- Improved render progress view
- Fixed autokey mode
- Improved layer tools in modeler
- Proportional scaling in layout
- Image viewer RGBA channel toggle
- Image viewer / VPR normalize display toggle
- Viewport numeric readout for move and scale
- Preset shelf improvements
- New network render controller